We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cercianas (trains) - timetable change? HELP!

Which Fuengirola hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Cercianas (trains) - timetable change? HELP!

I've just been on the RENFE site to double check train times from Fuengirola to the airport on 12th September.

However, despite the date being listed in the drop-down menu, it tells me that there is no information for any trains after 10th September.

Is there going to be a timetable change or is there sometyhing horrible going on - ie digging up all the tracks and suspending service for months?!? Be just my luck too ;-)

Up until the 10th, times are exactly the same as I had jotted down from last October's visit.

Thanks again everyone (and excuse the typo - should read cercanias)

Caroline

Edited: 24 August 2011, 21:52
Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,888 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cercianas (trains) - timetable change? HELP!

Trains are "supposed" to be changing to 3 trains an hour from the current 2. Watch this space, as someone on the ground will update as soon as the new timetable is published.

Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cercianas (trains) - timetable change? HELP!

Sorry again - Google is my friend once again - apparently after 10th september trains will be every 20 mins instead of every 30 mins. No details as yet though.

Should have checked properly before I posted but hey, it may help someone else.

Sorry folks

Edited: 24 August 2011, 21:55
Thornton Cleveleys...
Level Contributor
599 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cercianas (trains) - timetable change? HELP!

Thanks mantalk - must have been typing just as you posted!

As long as I can save a taxi fare to the airport, I'm happy!

4. Re: Cercianas (trains) - timetable change? HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 18:21
Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola