We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Gibraltar

Netherton
Level Contributor
567 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Gibraltar

Hi, is there anyone offering an orgainsed day trip to Gibraltar and if so roughly how much, alternatively how much is car hire for a small car for 1 or 2 days please?

Thanks in advance

Regards Dave and Chell

Plaza Constitucion
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Paseo Maritimo Promenade
Piers & Boardwalks, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

Hi there

The following should help you:

costafrica.com/web/…gibraltar.html

It's better (imo) to go with these people, very professional , know what they're doing and takes the hassle out of driving etc.

Hope that helps

CB

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,360 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

I agree with CB, I've been to Gibraltar with an organised tour and under our own steam and at least with the organised tour you get to see all the important sights and don't get lost amongst all the back streets.

Netherton
Level Contributor
567 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

Hi, Absolutely fantastic link thank you and the price seems to be extremely reasonable as well

Regards Dave and Chell

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

You're welcome :) Have fun.

CB

Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

Better to go with a tour uf this is your first time , no hassle crossing the border and you get to see all the important sights

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

We went with an organised tour,never got to see all the sight's driver wanted to get out of Gilbr before evening rush and to go for his tea,when we got back to the resort we went straight to the booking office and complained and they gave us a refund when they checked with tour rep that's what had happened,didnt like Gilbr thought it was dirty never mind we can say we have been.

Netherton
Level Contributor
567 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

Thanks Finney, will bear that in mind. We do want to go though as I think it is one of iconic places to go for a brief trip

Dave and Chell

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
4,787 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

Agree that it is a visit it once place for Brits. I had no trouble going on my own, it isn´t big and there aren´t many places to see and they are well signposted or mapped. You can linger where you want as well. From Fuengirola why not try the bus service. It is likely to be as quick as a tour bus which stops at hotels to pick up and you can stay much later to see more. The bus station in La Linea is close to the border so you can just pop across without waiting ages on the tour bus while Customs search every nook and cranny for the smuggled cigarettes.

As long as you remember your passport I can´t think you will have a problem and if our experience is anything to go by you should have a much better day.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,612 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

Manzana did you use the bus or drive across, just wondered how long it takes to cross the border on 'foot' do you still have to wait in long queues to show passport, or is it a different queue if on foot ? x

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,728 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip to Gibraltar

Crossing over onto Gib. isn't usually a problem, and there is a bus stop just over the border or you can walk across the runway (always an interesting experience!) onto the Rock.

Coming back into Spain on foot isn't usually a problem as it really doesn't take them long to suss whether you've got loads of contraband on you - you just walk through the Spanish Customs Office and they ask you if you have any ciggies on you.

As Manzana says, La Linea Bus Station is only five minutes walk from the border.

Get answers to your questions about Fuengirola
Recent Conversations