We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Shop opening times

Preston
1 post
Save Topic
December Shop opening times

Is any one able to advise me of the supermarket opening hours during winter.

I am arriving in Nerja on a Saturdy evening, and we will need grocerys will any stores be open on Sat night / Sunday.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,673 posts
3,656 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December Shop opening times

Preston:

Supermarkets are usually open between 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. They are all closed on Sunday.

Nerja, Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: December Shop opening times

What Benny says is correct.

However, there are also a few small food shops around Nerja which open for a while on Sunday mornings, mainly for the sale of fresh bread, where you can pick up essentials.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
447 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Shop opening times

The supermarket on Burriana once told me that the only day they close is Christmas day. If you're desperate, you can get some of the essentials from one of the all-night garages and this is the only choice if you arrive late.

Highway 61
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: December Shop opening times

Well they have been closed for the last week or so.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
75 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December Shop opening times

Except last week, when they were closed! Not sure if they are open now. Best to avoid the place anyway. Rip off!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December Shop opening times

Rip off they may be but when everywhere else is closed & you need the basics they've always been open for us. I don't mind paying a little extra for the odd thing I might need at 4pm on a Sunday.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: December Shop opening times

In the past the Jamaica supermarket on C/mediterraneo has always been open 7 days a week. Very handy when you arrive on a sat eve.

Failing that eat out & try & blag a bit of milk?

Nerja, Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: December Shop opening times

The Whim supermarket on Burriana reopened yesterday (Thursday 15th).

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: December Shop opening times

The Jamaica supermarket on avenida mediterraneo has, so far, been open every Sunday.

Opposite the BP garage is a small 'Coviran' supermarket which is invariably open on Sunday mornings, has a good selection of stuff.

The Mini Market on calle Antonio Millón is open seven days a week and till about midnight and next door, Jimmy's is open 24 hours a day seven days a week and carries basic supplies, including bread which they bake on the premises.

The BP garage is the last resort as it is a bit pricey....but if you're desperate.

Northampton/Frigilia...
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: December Shop opening times

Is the BP last resort the one on the way down from Frigiliana or the one on the way back from Burriana. Or both?

Get answers to your questions about Nerja