We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pet friendly lodging Nerja, Spain?

Andalucia, Spain
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pet friendly lodging Nerja, Spain?

Anyone know of pet friendly lodging in Nerja?

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pet friendly lodging Nerja, Spain?

According to http://www.bayervet.net/vz_006_02.html the Hotel Perla Marina accepts dogs. We have plenty of experience travelling with our dog around Spain, so my advice to you is to email them to check, telling them the size of your dog & if it is well behaved & if the answer is yes, take a copy of the confirmation email with you to show when you check in.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pet friendly lodging Nerja, Spain?

IMO it is inconsiderate to other guests to take a dog into a hotel even if the hotel alows it to get the booking.

Any dog (no matter how well behaved) will BARK when left alone.

So my comment would be, unless you are going to take the dog with you everywhere including evening meals etc would be to rent an apartment or perhaps leave your dog where it will be most happy while you travel - at home.

UK
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pet friendly lodging Nerja, Spain?

As the OP asked for advice, not your opinion, CleanKen, I do think you could have been a bit more helpful.

By the way, not all dogs do bark when left alone......we know. When we first started travelling with our dog we checked with the hotel on our return if he had disturbed anyone. The answer was always NO & we have revisited several hotels both in the UK & France & Spain where he is welcomed. However, we try not to leave him too often & not for long periods of time as it isn't fair on him.

beachatti2ude

If you go to www.spain.info & use the advanced accommodation search, it comes up with plenty of pet friendly accommodation in Nerja. We always check direct with the hotel, though, just in case the info on the site isn't up to date.

Good luck!

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pet friendly lodging Nerja, Spain?

Whether or not your particular dogs barks when you are away is not demonstrable here or that of the original posters. What is, is that a dog is a territorial animal that will bark for a variety of reasons when you are not with him. This you will not see when you are around him.

And by the way I did not see any dog friendly messages on the web for the Hotel Perla. Which means that folks who book that hotel are presumably entitled to a bark free stay are they not?

So unless an establishment advertises itself as dog/pet friendly then my advice look for one that does. That would be my travellers advice to you.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pet friendly lodging Nerja, Spain?

We walked along the beach from the Perla Marina and lying in a water course exiting into the sea we saw the corpse of a dog which was very distressing as we are animal lovers. But we were told that the Spanish are not so soft over their pets and have no sentiments to their life or death.A dead dog to them is something to jettison whereas in Uk it would be cremated and dignified.Even without the dead dog it wasn't a nice beach anyway.

6. Re: Pet friendly lodging Nerja, Spain?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 15:17