We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancashire
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer

Could anyone please tell me the distance from Malaga airport to Malaga bus station.And how frequent the link is?

Travelling to nerja and we Land at 16.50,the bus to Nerja is at 17.30 just wondering will i make it?The next bus to Nerja is two hours later.Thanks Mark.

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
548 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer

Under normal circumstances, the airport bus would take about 15 minutes from the airport to the bus station. However, nothing is normal at the moment in Málaga.

Various roadworks, airport works and work on the new metro means that the bus is currently taking around 40 minutes. Did the trip a couple of weeks ago.

The best idea is relax and catch the later bus to Nerja. Highly unlikely you would get the 17:30 anyway, not landing till 16:50, even if everything was normal.

The next bus is 18:45 and I doubt you'll actually be hanging around much.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer

Assuming your plane lands on time, it takes around 30 minutes to collect luggage and get to the arrivals lounge. Buses to Malaga leave every 30 minutes at quarter to and quarter past the hour. So you would get the 17:45 to Malaga bus station and be in time for the 18:45 to Nerja.

Don't forget, you have to buy a ticket before boarding the Malaga/Nerja bus. Locate the Alsa ticket office in the bus station foyer.

If you have a little time to spare there is a cafe/bar close to the Nerja bus stand (35 or 36 I think), so chill out and have a beer and start your holiday.

lancashire
Level Contributor
42 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer

Thanks to you both.Instead of getting stressed i will indeed catch the later bus,and have a beer.So there is a bus at 18.45 the timetable i read said 19.30 after 17.30? You would'nt happen to know which stand it departs from?

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,026 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfer

Thew Nerja bus departs from Stand 38 on the far right of the station.

The ALSA booking office is number 5, and is to the left of the foyer.

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer

Due to the complete mess that the city of Málaga is in due to a massive programme of roadworks the airport tranfer buses are all over the place time-wise. The drivers are certainly not even attempting to keep to any kind of schedule!

Your only option at the moment is to go outside the arrival hall doors to the bus stop and keep your figers crossed that your wait won't be too long.

For connections to Nerja have a look at the coach comapany's website, which has an option in English if needed.

www.alsa.es should give you all the information you want.

6. Re: Airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 18:18