We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euro 2008 Final

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nerja, Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Topic
Euro 2008 Final

Thursday, 10.37 pm.

Nerja has just erupted in bedlam, with fireworks, car horns and general chaos, following Spain's victory tonight in the semifinals.

I just hope nobody decides to put detergent in the fountain by the Parador Hotel as has happened in the past!!

Wherever you are in the world (except possibly Germany!) please show your support for Spain in the final on Sunday by posting a message in this thread. It's going to be a great day!

(And I'm not even a football fan!)

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,226 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euro 2008 Final

Spain played magnificently and seem to me to have a very very good chance of beating Germany on Sunday. Arsenal player Fabregas was brilliant, but the entire Spanish squad were magic especially man of the match Iniesta --- OLÉ !

Nerja Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euro 2008 Final

Them car horns are certainly taking a bashing tonight, cant wait till Sunday!! Buena Suerte Espana!!

northern ireland
Level Contributor
87 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euro 2008 Final

good luck to spain in the final..... my favourites as no UK teams in the championships.

fabregas was fantastic (i am an arsenal fan) and spain have come good at last.

what a night it will be in spain on sunday... i wish i could be there!

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Euro 2008 Final

And here they are, hooting away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M0VTSEpr-o

Come on Spain, you can do it!!!

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
666 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euro 2008 Final

Go Spain!

Superb peformance tonight - can't wait for Sunday but would far rather be there to watch the game than here - the atmosphere, and hopefully celebrations afterwards, will be fantastic!

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euro 2008 Final

Even as a non-football fan - although married to a fanatic! - I can´t wait for Sunday. Fingers crossed for a wonderful night and the right result.

Good Luck Spain.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,412 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Euro 2008 Final

I posted a thread the other day entitled 'Everything Crossed' stupidly thinking it would be read with such an ambiguous title! But yes, Rock On You Spaniards!!!! From the performance given last night, they have every good chance of whooping the Germans & I really hope they do!! Can't wait til Sunday :))

Leeds
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Euro 2008 Final

We got back from Fuengirola last Friday and WISH we were there now. Part of the reason is because I would have loved to have been in a Spanish bar watching the semi-final last night and would love to be there for the final!

The atmosphere, win or lose, will be FANTASTIC!!

GOOD LUCK SPAIN!!!

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,117 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Euro 2008 Final

Spare a thought for the residents here in Torrox Costa. We have a large German population, so whatever happens on Sunday there won't be much sleeping.

There was la large cavalcade of cars for several hours on last night, horns blaring, banner waving, passengers stood up through open sun roofs (What no seatbelts?). At one point a couple of police cars were amongst the traffic.

Isn't this another reason we love to live in Spain.

COME ON SPAIN !!!

Benamocarra
Level Contributor
356 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Euro 2008 Final

I have not missed a Spain match since the start of the euro2008. when I came to to Spain I hated football but 4 years in a Spanish village has completely change me - well they say life begins at 40. Last night was brilliant - atmosphere incredible in village and roll on Sunday when we go all the way. The channel cuatro motto has been 'podemos' - we can and everyone was chanting it last night well PODEMOS on sunday,