We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tuesday market

Dublin
Level Contributor
189 posts
1 review
Save Topic
tuesday market

well i tried to go tm tgd market today like many others but it didnt take place again. Anyone know the reason this week? Sorry about spelling but am posting this from my phone.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,214 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tuesday market

Same reason as last week. The traders don't want the new venue.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tuesday market

Personally I'm very pleased the market didn't take place. But how long can the market traders afford to keep up their stance? Will the council back down??

Even if the traders give it a go & show the council that it doesn't work / not enough people go, what then.....?

No market in Nerja? Is that what the council really want?

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: tuesday market

Stranger things have happened but I don't think the Council will back down. They have been totally steadfast in their intentions so far and I can't see them changing their minds.

The new municipal ordinance gives them the power to revoke the licences of traders if they do not set up within 3 weeks, which is next week I believe.

The Council certainly wants a golf course and a marina, apart from that I don't think they are particularly bothered, or so it seems.

One gets the distinct impression that if the market goes ahead, fine, if the market falls by the wayside, also fine. It's not a municipal money-spinner, it's not an 'image' item like a golf course, it doesn't attract tourists with big wallets.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. More likely the traders will back down when they realise it's a case of 'there, or nowhere'.

uk
Level Contributor
423 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tuesday market

Where is the new market situated? is it near the football stadium

Nerja, Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: tuesday market

No, it's in the Almijara area, which is further out of the centre.

On the map of Nerja at www.soltalk.com, it's in square B8.

6. Re: tuesday market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 02:17