We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

perla marina hotel

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Topic
perla marina hotel

Is thishotel in a good location? and does anyone know if there is a car park at the hotel?

Thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: perla marina hotel

There is a car park.It is right next to a not very nice beach. There are better hotels in Nerja IMO. It is often used by UK Tour Operators for Allocation on Arrival. You could think that is a fair indicator.

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: perla marina hotel

Sorry WirralScouse, but IMO the Perla Marina is fortunate being located next to Torrecilla beach, and a bit further into town there's Salón et al.

As for the allocation on arrival scenario - is this a recent developement?

All I can say is we had some discerning friends who wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting Nerja and this aspect was never a problem on their many visits.

Nerja, Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: perla marina hotel

Yes, I've had good reports about the Perla Marina, although obviously have not stayed there.

It's right next to Torrecilla beach, regarded as one of the best in the area, which has most of the amenities anyone would want. If you like your beaches in a more natural state, it's a very short walk to Playazo beach which is largely undeveloped. It's a long rocky shore, but with plenty of sandy areas to sit. There are several beach bars and restaurants along Playazo, and everyone's favourite (me included!)at the moment seems to be El Breine, which IMO serves the best paella in town, bar none, and at a very reasonable price.

You're within strolling distance of a number of restaurants, bars and shops in the immediate area, and if you want to walk into the town centre where there are many more, it will take you 10-15 minutes.

Another advantage of the area is that it is relatively flat, without many very steep hills.

london
Level Contributor
405 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: perla marina hotel

Didn't the Perla Marina undergo some renovation work fairly recently and get up-graded to a 4 star?

Not stayed there myself but I heard good things about it only last week.

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: perla marina hotel

I have actually stayed in the Perla Marina in one of the ground floor apartments on the seafront. There was even a small patio.

Very clean, well kept. IMO, the location is pretty good, you're not far from the centre of town but far enough away if you want a bit of peace and quiet.

Plenty of bars and restaurants in the immediate area and a couple of supermarkets/mini markets which are also open on Sundays throughout the year, very useful.

Perla Marina actually overlooks El Chucho beach, a small stoney beach. It has showers and toilets, but that's about it until the planned development of the beach resumes.

It is, however, only about a 100 metre walk to Torrecilla beach, one of the most popular, where, as Joninerja points out, there are sufficient facilities.

And El Playazo, the more 'Spanish' beach and home of 'Breine's Paella' is only a couple of hundred metres in the other direction.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: perla marina hotel

Great location. nice beach and good parking locally.

A good choice.

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: perla marina hotel

I bow to the greater knowledge of TA members living locally.My in-laws were staying there with Airtours and booked late at a discount but for named hotel and as our holiday overlapped we visited them.We stayed at Riu Monica( Thomson) which I thought was streets ahead of Perla Marina. Sorry but the beach I referred to I don't think is Torrecilla. That's nearby. On the beach in front of the hotel were piles of litter and the carcass of a dead dog which was still there 2 days later and decomposing. Not nice. Not like Nerja.

My in-laws reported that Airtours coaches arrived in the early hours twice in 4 days to drop off AOA clients who rather lowered the tone of the clientele.

Someone on the hotel reviews mentioned a refit. True the more recent TA Hotel reviews seem to be more complimentary than the older ones.

I was glad to be staying at the Monica and have returned since. Also stayed at Hotel Balcon which I was not impressed by.

uk
Level Contributor
220 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: perla marina hotel

Thanks for all your replies! Nerja has been recommended to us by a friend who by the way also recommended the Hotel de Balcon de Europe, which we were unable to book for our travel dates.(also Parador and rui monica were unavailable.) The Perla Marina seemed to be in a pretty good location and we liked the option of B and B. A big part of our holiday we enjoy most is eating out in the evening, and by the sounds of it there seems to be plenty of choice of nice restaurants. We dont really venture much onto the beach and prefer to be by the pool.

As the transfer from the airport was going to cost us over £100 we have decided to hire a car for the same cost. I was not sure whether there was adequate car parking facilities but even if it does cost something to park it, it will be nice to have the car to do a bit of exploring round about.

once again thanks for all your replies and great info.

Maureen

Nottingham
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: perla marina hotel

I own an apartment in the Marina II building which overlooks the pool of the Perla Marina hotel. There isn't any entertainment in the evenings and the pool is very small for what is classed as a 4 star hotel. Parking on the street can be difficult, however there are lots of spaces as well as an underground car park which you have to pay for.

I personally think the location is great, but then I would wouldn't I.......

I'd say it depends on what you are after, for a quiet relaxing stay then it's fine.

10. Re: perla marina hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 12:21