We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach outside the monica hotel

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
united kingdom
7 posts
Save Topic
beach outside the monica hotel

hi staying at the monica in augaust with our 5 yr old and just wondering what the beach was like across from the hotel? i havent read many good things about it many have said its quite small and more shingle than sand and not very suitable for young children, also could someone tell me how far burriana beach is? could you walk it or is there a bus that stops there? would appreciate any advice. thanks

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach outside the monica hotel

The beach you are talking about,Torrecilla is well groomed,sandy and pleasant.Seawater not so good/clear.Burriana Beach is nicer and bigger but it is 7 euros away by taxi.No bus service.Not walkable.Out on a limb.I would make do with Torrecilla as it is quite OK and just a step outside Hotel Riu Monica.Nice hotel-pity about the food for the price charged.Best to go B&B take/buy your own OJ for brekkie and dine out in the evening.Lots of choices.Stayed there earlier this year.

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
556 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: beach outside the monica hotel

Torrecilla is actually a very nice beach, sandy and about 300 metres long. It has a promenade, restaurants and is good for kids.

During July and August it has a sort of lending library which also provides a wide variety of activities for the young ones.

At the end of the beach, in Plaza Fabrica de los Cangrejos, there is nightly entertainment for all ages, a trampoline and a bouncy castle. Plenty of good restaurants in the Plaza as well.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,143 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach outside the monica hotel

Have a look at these videos on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp7t7M6WYpY

www.youtube.com/watch…

Also if you walk East from Torreciila beach you will come to Playazo beach and eventually to El Breine, where every day at 1:30pm they serve the best Paella in town. A little further on is the boatyard bar for great tapas and live evening entertainment

united kingdom
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beach outside the monica hotel

thanks to all for your replies you have put my mind at rest!

5. Re: beach outside the monica hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 06:33