We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speakeasy bar

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Topic
Speakeasy bar

John from The Speakeasy bar very sadly died this morning. I'm sure this local character will be greatly missed.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,458 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speakeasy bar

That is a shock!!

. It was not a bar that I went in often but he always spoke when I went past.

All my condolences to his family and friends.

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speakeasy bar

Sincere condolences from me too.

Like Sheila we didn't visit the bar but John always spoke when we walked past and he always made me smile when he came in Allsorts when I worked there.

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
578 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Speakeasy bar

Very sad to hear.

He always had a smile and a hello as one walked past.

Nerja, Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
940 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Speakeasy bar

That's very sad indeed. John had been around Nerja for many years and seemed to be known by everyone. And has been said, he always had a smile and greeting when he met you.

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Speakeasy bar

What a shock to read that John has passed away - It was only the other day that I had a good chat with him in the sunshine outside the bar.

He will be sadly missed, and condolences go to his family and Glyn.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
286 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Speakeasy bar

Very sad, the Speakeasy pub is one I have been going to for more than 10 years, John used to work behind the bar, he and the place was always so friendly. The last years we always said hello when he was sitting outside, I always said Hello boss or Cheers captain and I was always greeted with a smile and a wave. R.I.P. John, there is always a bell at the end of round 12.

I walked by the pub tonight, but it was closed, yes, creepy feeling came over me. The place will probably stay, but it will not be the same.

7. Re: Speakeasy bar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2010, 05:17