We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lessaggro cars - expensive?

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
215 reviews
Save Topic
lessaggro cars - expensive?

Hi Everyone

I've been following this forum for about 6 months - our first visit will be 22nd May. I had decided to go with lessaggro for car hire due to the good feedback on here. However, now looking at their prices they want €216 for a 5-door Corsa for a week. There a some other firms such as malaga car hire, hellehollis, car hire3000, Avis, Argus wanting between £124 and £160.

I'm wondering whether it will be worth paying the extra to lessaggro. We don't want to be stood queueing at the desk for ages.

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks.

Also I understand there is motorway all the way from the airport to Nerja. Is this a toll road please and will we need some euro coins?

Thanks a lot, Jean

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

Lessaggro do seem dear at the price you have quoted Selebian.

They offer a first class service however, with no nasty price hikes waiting to catch the unwary, and you won't get caught up in any queues at the airport.

Generally it is a buyers market out there at the moment. It could be worth contacting them, quoting the competitor prices - they might feel inclined to reduce their rates to obtain your business.

If you send me a PM with an email address I'll forward you a document titled 'Directions to Nerja from Málaga airport.' Some good news too - it's a toll-free journey!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,218 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

Just had a quote for my next 2 visits from various brokers. I wont be hiring for my visit in april nor my June visit, due to price.

I had a car for a week in Feb and the prices were very good. We used Solmar via www.bravocarhire.com they were slightly cheaper than the rest at 86€ with FULL/FULL fuel policy. The April price for the same car is 158€ and June quote is 219€. As we havent got loads of running about to do Taxis, trains and buses will do.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

Contact Lessaggro and tell them competitors price and see if they will lower, they might. But IMO they should be a little more expensive and it's worth paying EUR50 to be met at the airport and not have to fill out forms until you get to Nerja. Also, peace of mind, as Lessagro are a local family firm and good if things go wrong.

At the end of the day, you are on holiday, it's not just a question of number crunching prices, it's value and ease of use that needs to be factored in here.

Stoofer.

Edited: 13 March 2010, 15:54
frigiliana
Level Contributor
35 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

Don't pay more than €15 a day for april. Plenty of cars about at reasonable prices just now.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

It's not just about the cars being available, some want the service and no airport hassle.

Stoofer

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
444 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

You might check out Best Cars,

http://www.bestcarsnerja.com/ing/home.php

Picking up the car is easy, they leave an envelope with the car key and parking ticket at the airport. You pick it up, pay the carpark fee, and off you go. This is the same system as Lessaggro. You return the car with the same level of fuel that was in it when you picked it up.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

I managed to pick up a copy of the March Soltalk magazine yesterday. In the letters section (p 44) someone has written in praising the service they received from Lessagro after being involved in an accident on their way back from the Sierra Nevada. It seems that they went to the scene, dealt with everything, drove them to the hospital, waited at the hospital & even went to collect the medications that they needed.

Not bad service eh?

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

It's in line with my expectation and knowledge of Lessaggro, Halfwayers.

I had a breakdown once, out in 20 mins with a free upgrade delivered on the spot. It depends how tight the budget, personally I reckon a lot of cheaper cars are more expensive in terms of hassle.

Stoofer

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
827 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

Thanks everyone. lessaggro do sound the best and are prices are slightly less booked through Cybersun but I haven't booked accommodation with them so will send an email and ask if there's any discounts on offer.

Cheers, Jean

10. Re: lessaggro cars - expensive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2010, 05:18