We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandwich shops/delis

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Sandwich shops/delis

Hi all,

We are heading to Nerja in 3 weeks for our 3rd trip, staying at the Ac\apulco Playa apartments. What I was wondering was if there were any nice sandwich shops/delis in town where we could pick up some lunch rather than eating in restaurants all the time. I don't remember seeing any on previous visits but we haven't been for 2 years so things may have changed.

Thanks

Michelle

nerjaval
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

Right by the balcon, the large ice cream shop, next to the leather shop, now sells filled baguettes/bocadillas, along with the usual pastries and ice creams. I don't know how late in the day they will be there, but they were plentiful as of late morning when we passed last week.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,935 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

If you have a wander uphill in an NW direction to Mercadona, you can pick up some meat, bread, maybe tomatoes, lettuce, cucumber and make your own sandwiches very cheaply. A large pack of good ham is just 2 euros. Then up to the roundabout, turn right and second roundabout is another supermarket whose name escapes me where you can buy corned beef at 2 euros a tin and down the Rodriguez Acosta,to where you are staying. You will have a fridge in your apartment to keep the stuff fresh if you bulk buy. Far cheaper than paying a fortune in a sandwich place. I found the thin frozen chips in Mercadona were OK when microwaved.

You are at the east end of town so quite a walk from the Balcon de Europa.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

kaneda you are confusing the apartments. The poster is staying at Acapulco Playa on Calle Malaga, not Acapulco near the Parador.

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

Last year we got lovely bagels to take away from Bagels and Tapas which is close to where you are staying. It is on Plaza de los Cangrejos They made them up fresh for us and they were lovely. My fav was one filled with goats cheese, walnuts, dates and honey, fattening but scrummy. Hope they are still there as we go in 5 weeks.!!

Nerja Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

Hopefully they will have fresh ones by then :)

Selby, United...
Level Contributor
814 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

Hi

We recently stayed at the Acapulco Playa. If you turn downhill and then cut across between the apartment blocks on the right you will come out on to Castilla Perez. There is a shop selling rotisserie chickens on that street near the Smugglers Inn. There is a german bakery down at the bottom on the right just as you are getting to the bottom. There is a fab little supermarket in Castilla Perez where there are cheap and delicious plum tomatoes, packs of ham and cheese etc and large bags of crisps. You can make a cheap and lovely lunch. There is a sandwhich shop on the corner of El Barrio and Castilla Perez.

We found Meson Vicente, just next door to Acapulco Playa was very good. The tapas are free and the drinks are cheap. Nice for lunch!

Enjoy, Jean

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

Ah, how I'm now missing Vicente, Carmen & Pedro in Meson Vicente!! :-(

But Selebian you have it right, there are loads of choices, either ready made or DIY.

UK
Level Contributor
251 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

Thanks everyone some great ideas there.

Michelle

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

If you go to Burriana Beach, try Blue Med for their bagettes, wraps and panninis. All are cooked to order and are served with plain crisps and side salad. If you don't have a massive appetite, you'll probably find the wraps will do two of you as you get two per serving (I ate one, Cajun chicken, and saved the other for the next day!). Cost approx 5 € each. Delicious!

10. Re: Sandwich shops/delis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2010, 05:17