We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berwick-upon-Tweed...
Level Contributor
381 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

Looking for somewhere real classy to stay and keep in mind it may be late Jan early Feb when we go?

Also are there any festivities going on in the are around these dates?

Cheers cheers!

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

hi there,

there is really only one hotel and it is not very classy, there are some lovely apartments look here

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk

there are other sites but most villa/apartments are advertised on here.

it depends on what you want be careful when choosing as some are a long way out of town and to far to walk. i can advise you on location if you pick a few. you should be ok with an apartment.

Every year on January 20th the festival of San Sebastian is celebrated in Frigiliana. The statues of three saints are carried, on large platforms, through the village . i have a guide to eating places and general info if you want it, send me an email address by pm as it is to large to post on here

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

No classy hotels? ;)

Have a look here: http://www.hotelloscaracoles.es/index.html

http://www.laposadamorisca.com/

Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

Actually Ati I agree with jeromeserena. There are no ´classy´ hotels in the village of Frigiliana.

The 2 you mention are both well out of the village in the country - not places you would stay if you wanted walkable access to Frigiliana village.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

Funny; :))))))) by coincidence, none the properties shown in the recommended web are in Frigiliana village. All are in the surroundings, and many have "car recommended" in their descriptions.

And, if by "classy" we mean five-star hotels, that's right. But (maybe I am wrong) the "class" in a hotel means good facilities, good food, lovely views, kind people... Sometimes, nothing to do with the hotel "stars"... ;)

Edited: 19 August 2010, 09:04
Lake Vinuela...
Level Contributor
9,535 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

Apologies Ati! I didn´t mean that your two choices were not classy - both are very good. I just meant that they are not in Frigiliana village but are several kilometers outside.

I thought the OP would want to stay in the village considering the time of year he wishes to visit.

I am sorry if you thought I was criticising your recommendations.

ati
cordoba, spain
Level Contributor
3,154 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

Dear,

did my post look angry...? No, no... I wasn't offended or angry at all... I just wanted to start a little discussion about what a classy hotel means for everyone. Apologies casaianda =(((( !! Un beso muy fuerte.

Cullercoats, United...
Level Contributor
488 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

I agree with jeromeserena there is only one hotel in the village and it is not classy. We have used holiday-rentals a few times to book property in Frigiliana and have never had any problems. We have also stayed at a villa in the surrounding countryside and although it was very nice I would always recommend staying in the village itself

8. Re: Frigiliana??? Where to stay??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 07:24