We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry......another car rental question!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry......another car rental question!

Hi, I'm researching for a two week car rental, pickup/drop off Malaga Airport.

After getting numerous quotes and reading through back posts on TA I'm considering either malagacars.com or malagacarhire.com.

Question........with £70 separating these two quotes, any help in deciding most welcome.

Is it worth stumping up the extra money or are both companies OK?

Thanks all.

1. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 14:03
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

http://www.autosnerja.net/index-en.html

Did you try a quote from here? They are a long established family firm with a good reputation.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

I believe it's Malagacar not Malagacarhire that get more bad reports?

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

they are often mixed up i always used carjet who placed me with goldcar they use full empty , but that suited my needs, last year malagacarhire came in a lot cheaper so used them, office just along from roundabout at airport waited about 5 mins to be picked up process very quick. car maybe not as new as goldcar but clean and looked well maintained, good tyres etc. so i would use them again.

thats malagacarhire that i used. not malagacar who i have heard bad reports about

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

Thanks everyone.

Malagacars is now coming out at £165.

Malagacarhire @ £220.

Lessaggro @ £270.

Sheilamary, I contacted Autos Nerja first as we know them from buying a car from them a few years ago. Unfortunately their quote was one of the highest, (can't remember how much now?)

Also checked many, many more online & also checked their reviews & discarded most.

The question is now, do we risk booking with Malagacars??

Somerset,England
Level Contributor
976 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

We use Malagacarhire and they have proved to be the best company we have hired through and usually the cheapest with less constraints and most importantly do full /full fuel (check what the other companies offer).

They also don't have any extras. Pick up off site with little queuing.

It was Malagacar.com that had the less than good reports some while ago not Malagacarhire.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,439 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

I have requested removal of my previous post, as I have no wish to malign the wrong company.

Cullercoats, United...
Level Contributor
534 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

We always use malagacarhire.com now and have done for the past 3 years.They are a British company who use Niza cars as their agents. What we like is that you pay for the car in £ when you pick it up so you don't have to worry about the euro rate. We have never had any problems and are using them again in November.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

Mantalk, it is very confusing isn't it??!! I often wonder if Malagacar chose the name for that reason?

However people can have a good or bad experience with any company can't they?

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,439 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sorry......another car rental question!

True Halfwayers. Personally, never had a problem with any of the few i use. Occasional big Q`s at Auriga Crown and Record but the cars have always been fine. I grumble about the fuel policy as does everyone else but at least go into it with my eyes wide open.

Still favour www.carjet.com www.bravocarhire.com and www.hellehollis.com

Edited: 24 August 2010, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Nerja