We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi for 6 people?

Doncaster, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Taxi for 6 people?

Can anyone help me? I have just booked a holiday to Nerja in May for me and my husband, my 2 kids, and my parents. As none of us are particularly keen on driving and therefore don't want to hire a car, we were wondering if you can get taxis for 6 people from Malaga Airport or if there is company that anyone can recommend (as economical as possible please!)

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

Taxi's are licensed to carry only 4 passengers, so you will either have to take 2 taxis or pre-book a mini bus from one of the Nerja companies.

Have a look at transferpeople.com/transferpeople_prices.html They quote €90.

There is also

http://www.nerjataxis.net/ (€99) or

http://www.taximinibusnerja.com/en.html

Doncaster, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

Thanks very much for that. These prices are certainly better than those quoted by our travel agent who tried to get us to prebook a transfer at almost £150 eacy way. I've had a quick look at the transferpeople website - do you know if they are reliable? My mum's not too good on her feet and we don't want to have to wait around when we get to the airport.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

Lessaggro (based in Nerja) use a minibus & are very reliable

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

I've never used Transfer People, but have seen their mini bus around many times. They have been in business for a couple of years and I haven't heard any bad reports. In a small town like Nerja any bad businesses soon get known about and don't last long.

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
562 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

I used www.nerjataxis.net the other week, excellent service.

Doncaster, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

Many thanks for all the advice. I decided to go with Transfer People as they seemed to have the best price. I filled in the form on their website and had a reply back within 15 minutes so everything looks good so far!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

We've used www.taximinibusnerja.com many times and found them to be excellent. You can email them through their website or phone them easily for a quick quote.

One of the reasons I like them is that they are based in Nerja itself. (Calle Carabeo)

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

As pavoreal has said, Transfer People have been in business for a while now, without any negative feedback hitting the grapevine as far as we know. They are also competitive with their pricing structure.

Let's hope that the good start you have experienced with this company continues throughout shirley3606 - would you be good enough to post your post-holiday feedback on the forum please?

9. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 April 2011, 05:35
10. Re: Taxi for 6 people?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 April 2011, 05:35