We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flights?

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson flights?

I wondered if anyone has used Thomsonfly.com for flights to/from Malaga?

After checking flights on various websites these are the results....try and guess which flights we booked? (Not too difficult!)

Return Gatwick/Malaga 14th -28th May 2006. (2people)

British Airways. £258.60

Monarch Airlines. £236.34

Easyjet. £233.96

Thomson. £89.44

Yes.......Thomson got our money, now we can only hope that they are OK?

BA was our initial choice as the fare was so competitive compared to Monarch/Easyjet. For comfort they are definately the best enroute to Malaga. How Thomson can do a return trip for less than £45 per person is amazing.....we'll let you know what it's like, hopefully no worse than the others......? Mind you we did book them on the dreaded Friday 13th!!!!!

Carole.

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
666 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson flights?

Blimey - I don't know how you managed that! Did you do the exact dates 14th to 28th with Thomson? I have just looked and couldn't get below £198.44 for two people (against £218 for BA). By changing dates to 15th-26th May I could get it to £89.44 so I guess that is what you have done.

Doesn't help me out much for our trip in October (14th-28th). I can't get Thomson below £506.10 even by switching days and it is £806 for the exact days. BA want £496 to Malaga but I am looking at Seville then driving to the aprtment in Marbella. That is £326 which looks the best option at present.

Whichever way, I am looking forward to it already. Sussex is too damp and cold at the moment don't you think?!

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
666 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson flights?

Sorry - forgot to add that I haven't ever used Thomson - aren't they the old Britannia Airways? From reviews I have read they seem to be pretty much the same as other budget airlines, mainly good but one or two not so, but seem to have a lower cabin baggage allowance of 5kg and meals are £10 extra.

I would certainly use them - after all a plane is a means to an end and as long as they get me there, price is my overriding consideration for a two hour flight!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson flights?

Hi Phil-Clements, no just checked our printed confirmation and we Dep Gatwick on the 14th return on the 28th all for £89.44.

After I read your message I checked Thomson again and it's now coming up double that, as you said. Guess I logged on at a good time & got a real bargain, I feel really lucky, wow!

Re: your Oct holiday, maybe if you wait a few months, Easyjet will publish their winter schedule & the fares should be pretty good.

We are also planning a long trip over in Oct.& Easyjet usually have the lowest fares........still I shall definately be checking Thomson from time to time...here's hoping for more luck.

Us 'Clements' have got to stick together in our seach for the lowest fares, haven't we?

Good luck, Carole.

PS. Yes our part of Sussex is definately too damp & cold at the moment, roll on March & Nerja.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson flights?

Phil-Clements,

Just checked www.flymonarch.com and flights are coming up at £346.34 ...Gatwick to Malaga, dep. 17:00 on the 14th Oct, return Malaga 13:15 on the 28th. (a little cheaper for a later return flight)

Carole.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson flights?

I should have said that's the total price for two people.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson flights?

Phil-Clements, just checked BA (saturday morning) and flights from Gatwick to Malaga for 2 people flying 14th - 28th Oct return are coming up at £288.60. Great departure times as well.

Carole.

Eastbourne, UK
Level Contributor
666 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson flights?

Thanks for the help Carole!

Our 'problem' is that there are 5 of us, hence the need to keep the flight price to a minimum!! The second issue is that the second of our weeks is half term. We always find that by the time Easyjet publish their schedule they are one of the most expensive. Booking this time of year, or earlier as you can book 11 months ahead, with BA has always worked out far cheaper. Two weeks ago, BA came up with a total cost of £365.50, it is now £571.50. We can go on the Sunday morning and come back Thursday night for £426.50. If we fly to Seville Sunday morning and come back Thursday morning we can do it for £326.50.

Looking at Monarch, the lowest we can get without losing too much of the holiday is £715.85 flying out on Saturday 14th evening and coming back Thursday 26th evening.

Best not leave it too much longer but we have school issues to think about!

northants
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson flights?

We are flying with thomsonfly in July. I booked last year and have paid £245 total price for 4 adults. Can't complain at that!!!!

Just booked accommodation in Nerja at Tornasol, we wanted to be near the centre of town, does anybody know if this is a good location please??!!

Sue

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson flights?

That's a great price Sue, especially for July!

Have you got the name right for the place you're staying in? I've never heard of Tornosol, could it be another spelling?

Carole.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson flights?

Hi Sue just a thought, could it be Torresol apartments? If so I believe they are right on the beach near to the Monica Hotel. It's a great location for the town, you can walk everywhere on the level. The 'Balcon' area is a 5 minute walk away.

Carole.