We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nerja and Southport
Level Contributor
7 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants

Had a quick look through the top rated restaurants and was shocked by the tat in the top 10..

The owners and or friends must have been very busy to get them up that high in the ratings.

eccles
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants

Provocative sentiments Capo, but I assume that was the motivation. Which ones do you agree with least?

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants

I think the top 10 restaurants here tend to reflect those used by holiday makers rather than regulars/residents but I guess that is what Tripadvisor is about. There does seem to be a difference in what a lot of English (at least) holiday makers consider good value and good quality compared to what a lot of Nerjenos do but as I say, this website is geared to travellers and will reflect their tastes.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants

As the old saying goes.....One man's meat is another man's poison!

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
441 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants

Perhaps you should do some reviews and put the record straight.

manchester
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants

Good idea Chanquete. Over to you Capo, your alternative top 10 places to eat and some short reviews would be good to read.

Una

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants

Or is it that your restaurant isn't listed? If not I too wonder why join just to post this, anyway.........

That said, I'd have to say I wouldn't go to any in the current top 10, not because they are 'tat' I really don't know 4 of them but because I like more traditional places that have been around some time and always offer great value and local culture.

Sometimes it's good that your favourite restaurant isn't listed in top 10's, I've never gone with the crowd when in any destination so I'm used to eating in places many folk pass. It works for me, just follow local places that get full with locals rather than tourists. If a place I enjoy eating is rated 100 out of 100 that's fine by me as long as they keep busy enough to stay open, make a good living and serve Stoofer :-)

Stoofer

Edited: 30 March 2011, 12:42
gwent
Level Contributor
305 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants

Would be good to have a list populated by the Nerjaenos......please hurry, coming over in May!! lol!

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants

Welshgal1 - there was a long thread on this subject last year. Just type Survey for locals & regulars - please contribute into the Searchbox.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants

Over to NerjaAce.....?

Welshgal1, if you do a forum search, some of us posted a survey regarding favourite Tapas Bars and restaurants last year. Good lists with much concensus.

Stoofer

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants

Great minds Stoofer!