We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

A bit of news that might be of interest to quite a few people. Starting from April 15th 2011, the Los Huertos de Carabeo car park will no longer be free and car owners have been requested to remove any vehicles by midnight on April 14th.

Swindon
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

ooh thats not so good - any idea what the charges are likely to be - this free car park has been great especially in the busy months !!

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

Are there any building works going on to install barriers, pay booth, etc.? Slightly concerned as we are booked into the Princess with rooms overlooking pool and park in June and that is also the side where the swimming pool is.

Frigiliana
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

This is really bad news for everyone coming into Nerja, especially those needing to park daily in the town.

Parking on the streets is already a nightmare, and I expect it will now be worse. If only whoever is in charge will realise that keeping the charges low will guarantee the cars still park there, and they will make plenty of money. However, if there is a ridiculously high hourly charge most regulars will have to look elsewhere however difficult it becomes, and the car park will not be used so much.

I have to park in Nerja for 4 hours in the morning and another 4 in the evening just to go to work. It doesn't take much to work out that I will have to earn a good deal more to cover any parking charges, and I can't see how that will happen in the current economic climate. Last summer, I once used the underground parking at the Verano Azul boat area. Imagine my horror to find it had cost me almost 9 euros for the privilege, never again.

Fingers crossed for a sensible price to park.

UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

What a pity this is actually going ahead.

At a time when the pound/euro is hiting tourism to Spain hard and businesses in Nerja are really feling the pinch, this is the last thing that is needed.

As regular visitors to the beautiful town of Nerja we sometimes use this car park twice a day, if we did this for a week then this could possibly put an extra £40 to the cost of our holiday. It will also encourage people to try to find spaces in the already congested streets.

I wish something could be done about this, but I’m afraid like everything else, things only get worse.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

pedalo girl i was there last week and a barrier is there and a portacabin type builing next to it. so looks like it wont be long before in operation

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

Work seemed virtually complete when we used the carpark today´with a sign saying that payment starts on the 15th (Friday).

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

The area is still privately owned by people who used to have the allotments before the site was concreted. It is these people who have decided to make a charge. Of course they need licences from the town hall to do this and "palms may have been crossed" to get the required permission! (who knows!!)

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
143 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

I understand that the area has had a "change of use" in the new (almost in vigor) PGOU. The owners may be a little premature in charging. But I think we have to face the facts that these are no longer allotments. There is building planned and new offices for the town hall are also planned for the site. Remember that the elections are coming. If you are a resident then use your vote!.

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

Thanks Jerome and all for the updates.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,024 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Los Huertos de Carabeo car park

The new PGOU is still in the viewing and discussion stage, so is not yet law.

Unfortunately Cleanken is correct and sometime in the future this area will be built upon.

I wish I lived in Nerja so that I could vote against the present Mayor, but I have a strong feeling he will be re-elected