We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa flamenca

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southend on sea
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
villa flamenca

just read a review of this delightful hotel. The reviewer suggests that one goes bed and breakfast and then take the evening meal without payment as no one checks, and that is what many people do. Its bad enough to see guests who make up lunches from the breakfast buffet without paying for same, and now we actually have a reviewer suggesting what infact is a crime.

manchester
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: villa flamenca

Guarda Civil required here at once.. And maybe some assistance from Interpol required :-) The missing Villa Flamenca bread roll incident

Una

Edited: 11 May 2011, 01:09
Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa flamenca

This lovely,friendly (and obviously too trusting!) little hotel struggled enough to survive last year,with the horrendous road works etc.

It does not need clients who obviously think it´s funny to get something for nothing.

Not funny,and not clever! :-(

england
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa flamenca

i totally agree theft is theft no matter in what form.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa flamenca

Awful!

The hotel needs to step in fast - so easily rectified by issuing room ID with the correct board basis on then checking this on entry to the Dining Room.

I actually thought this was the norm in most hotels but of course it does involve an employee being on door duty each evening which may add to staffing costs.

I am surprised that the Review site agreed to print the suggestion - would doubt it is somewhere like TA where all reviews are checked prior to publication.

Edited: 11 May 2011, 08:03
southend on sea
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa flamenca

May I suggest that Campolady reads the recent reviews of this hotel in TA

southend on sea
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villa flamenca

Its a shame that my thread was treated with such frivolity by unamasporfavo. Presumably the writer has no compunction about removing the odd bread roll etc

Edited: 11 May 2011, 08:16
U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: villa flamenca

If you feel so strongly about this, Pastelmuneca, send Villa Flamenca a message? Maybe ShielaMary could tell them (I think you live close by?), just a thought. I'm sure if they knew they would tighten up. I do agree it's stealing and most unfair.

This place has always had very mixed reviews for years, I haven't looked throiugh them recently because I've been turned of the review section.

IMO too much smoke and mirrors these days as a minority have sussed how to manipulatre reviews and rankings. If you look at the reviewers, unless they have a long forum post history you really have no idea what motives they had to review. I know it *should* be the case that every review is worth the same but we've had so many owners and competitors

posting either biased or malicious posts that without substantial post history you need Hercule Poirot to find the truth. I do look through reviews but I'd never book anywhere without asking on forum and getting wider more detailed information. Hopefully most reading a poor review on the first page will not take that as definitive.

Stoofer

southend on sea
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa flamenca

Stoofer I e-mailed the hotel after reading the review. Hopefully something will be put in place to prevent this practide in the future

Edited: 11 May 2011, 08:33
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villa flamenca

Pastelmuneca - I have read the review and reported it to TA.

Edited: 11 May 2011, 08:52
southend on sea
Level Contributor
68 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: villa flamenca

Thanks for that Campolady. I reported it myself when I read it. Hopefully it will be removed.

Edited: 11 May 2011, 09:09
Get answers to your questions about Nerja