We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parking in Nerja - problems ?

london
Level Contributor
204 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
parking in Nerja - problems ?

Hi- staying in Fuentes De Nerja apartments at the end of August , and a bit worried about where to park. Won't be using the car every day - I hope - but want somewhere safe , and free . Had an option to rent a car park space , but at 10 Euros a day , pretty pricey.

Any help/advice gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

Highway 61
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

Yes parking will be a serious problem end of August.

Street parking only free option.

Will be almost impossible to find a spot near Fuentes.

Maybe locals can advise the price of parking in the nearby underground.

It may have been cheaper and more convenient to pay the 10 euros a day

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

10 euros a day sounds fairly good value now for Nerja parking!

Since charges started on the Feria Ground street parking is at a premium already so by high season will be nigh on impossible.

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

There is the new free parking area (around 400 vehicles) on the proposed Health Centre site down by the Rio Chillar riverbed - behind the Mercadona supermarket.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

Thats good news Bemusednewt - but a fair way from the beach area for anyone with mobility problems.

Northampton/Frigilia...
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

I would pay €10 a day. That's reasonable.

You won't find any on street parking in August unless you spend many very frustrating hours cruising round looking for spaces and arguing with others.

The alternative is indeed the river bed where you may still find parking - although even that will be at a premium now the Feria (Huertos) park charges.

Dublin
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

You can buy a weekly ticket for 35Euro for Huertos. Steep when you consider it was free up to now but better than the 10Euro daily charge.

Edited: 16 May 2011, 14:09
Wellington, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

Parking in town in May was nightmars hate to think of August.not even places to drop off cases near hostels in the town.Beware hostal Lorca reservatoin made 8 months in advance then did not take card payments, who travels with cash?

Northampton/Frigilia...
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

I thought the weekly ticket excluded weekends!

Or is that just a malicious rumour?

Frigiliana
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

I tried the Car Park last night for the first time as with the need to be central and with a young child and an elderly relative to deal with it was the only way to get close enough to where we wanted to be.

Guess what - the pay machine (the only one!) was broken. So that didn't last long. I had to pay at the main kiosk.

I was only parked for about an hour and it cost 80 cents, so not too bad for the convenience. But I do not think I would consider parking for several hours.

Edited: 27 May 2011, 09:34
10. Re: parking in Nerja - problems ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations