We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help family short stay

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
teesside
Level Contributor
355 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
help family short stay

hi we are coming to nerja next year march for 5 nights fri-wed , kids ,grandkids, to celebrate 60th,would like 3 apartments ,any recomendations of agents that may help us i think we may have a problem with a friday to wednesday stay , even 2 apartments would be fine wife and i will book into a hotel.

cheers

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,072 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help family short stay

Try Mendez y Bernadette, they have been in Nerja for many years and are very helpful.

http://www.menyber.com/en/

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,786 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help family short stay

As most apartments are a minimum of 7 night lets you may find it better value to book hotel accommodation for all of you: there are generally good rates available out of season.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help family short stay

I agree with Campolady, you have to consider the costs of cleaning & laundry etc on such a short stay, perhaps 65 + euros plus any possible heating etc, then factor in the profit for the renters? It could quite easily cost the owners 100 euros just for you to stay. If you're determined to have apartments then you may have to book for a week & just use the days that you need. I suggest that you weigh up the difference in prices, eg a week in an apartment or a hotel stay with perhaps some meals included?

teesside
Level Contributor
355 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help family short stay

Thank for the info will pay for full week if we can get a wed to wed booking late march so may have a chance.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help family short stay

have used this company in the past

they do short rentals and all apartments together.

miguel is a great guy and ver helpful

http://www.balcondecarabeo.com/eng/main.htm

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: help family short stay

Benjoe, you could try Casasol. Their rates compare favourably with other agents in the area though their website suggests 7 nights is minimum.

http://www.nerjaholidayrentals.com/

Good luck with your search whether you decide rental or booking hotel accommodation

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help family short stay

A weeks rental in March, no problem, even wed-wed. They'll be masses of places available.

Also try www.ownersdirect.co.uk

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,167 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: help family short stay

I agree with Kencar, you'll have lots of choice that time of year, most agents are good these days and have multiple apartments in the same blocks. First choose an area and apartment that suits you, then ask the various agents what availability they have in multiples.

Another good operator is www.suncyber.com

Ratjer than try finding this yourself, once yoi decide on a couple of apartment blocks ask the agents to search for you, they'll be glad of the business in March, should get some good deals as a result.

Stoofer

Edited: 28 July 2011, 15:06
nerjaval
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: help family short stay

The only problem you may find is that some apartments are subject to long winter lets. If they are vacant, mid-week changeovers aren't a problem out of season. Try www.holidaynerja.co.uk for a great selection.

Torre del Mar, Spain
Level Contributor
2,926 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: help family short stay

I've been to the Mediterraneo Apartments (on Calle Mediterraneo) a few times and would have recommended that previously but it went downhill a bit this year so cannot say what it is presently like (though I am booked in there for 4 days next month).

The rooms are clean, it has cooking facilities and a fridge, most rooms have balconies, there was a TV room with British TV but that closed, free wifi stopped when I was there in March this year. I don't know whether they got it going again. Two mini marts almost next door, many eating places within a minute's walk and the Torrecilla beach is a few minutes walk away.

Book as many or as few days as you want.

Edited: 02 August 2011, 19:39