We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with restaurant?

uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help with restaurant?

hi everyone, we're going to Nerja at beginning sept for 12 days, we've been once before and i have to admit we were in love with tapas and mainly ate them every day.

We have friends coming out to visit for few days who pride themselves in being real 'foodies' so as well as showing them the delights of tapas we are looking to take them to a good spanish restaurant that serves good quality food possibly in a nice setting like nice terrace etc

anyone got any recommendations?

many thanks for your help!

norfolk
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: help with restaurant?

where is la puntilla?have seen it recommended on many posts but can't recall seeing it on my wanderings around the town.

uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: help with restaurant?

thanks guys just came across Restaurant First and it looks great so will definitely have to try it out - so many places so little time!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: help with restaurant?

Hi Youngchuck

Puntilla is in the old town, I expect you know 'the thru bar' Los Cunaos, if sitting at the front look straight ahead and la Puntilla is at the start of the small alley at the end of the street about 100yds. On the street to your left as you approach Puntilla is Chispas about 150yds down.

These are all old style tapas bars all good and different to each other but La Puntilla (IMO) has the gourmet edge with the best fish and upstairs is a very nice terrace often missed by visitors. Go into the bar and upstairs if you want a nice sit down.

Stoofer

Manchester
Level Contributor
52 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: help with restaurant?

Restaurant First seems to be doing very well on tripadvisor. Especially as it has only been open less than a year and seems to be way out of town. I wish i could have more faith in TA reviewers who have only ever posted once though ( and then its always in superlatives...................)

The Times today reports that TA is suffering from increasing manipulation by fake reviews and that people are losing confidence in what should be an excellent resource.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: help with restaurant?

I love Calabaza. Food is quite "fushion" but doesn't ignore the fact it is being served in Spain! It's not cheap but food is

beautifully presented and, unlike other establishments of this type, portions are a good size. Overall, in terms of food style, presentation and service I think it is actually quite good value. To give you an idea, the steak dish there is just a few euros more than other Nerja restaurants where you wouldn't get as good accompanients nor service.

I'm sure you'll find your own favourites in Nerja - there are certainly plenty to choose from to suit most budgets.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
16. Re: help with restaurant?

Yes, Ted. The review sites have lost credibility IMO. The best thing is to look at the reviews then post on forum, you'll get enough regulars and locals on forum confirming restaurant quality then a lot will be down to personal taste.

I'm sure both Calabaza and First are excellent, there is enough consensus on forum.

Personally I'd only go to higher end places with fusion/international menus if I lived in Spain long- term. Anywhere I go on hoilday I want to try the local specialities and eat with locals in a local environment, polished high end restaurants don't do it for me as I can get that in London. Perhaps I'm just tight but I do prefer atmospheric informal low to mid price places and Nerja is full of them . ;-)

Stoofer

17. Re: help with restaurant?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 September 2011, 14:35
UK
Level Contributor
53 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: help with restaurant?

Went to restaurant first a few days ago best tomato soup ever lamb also very good. Beautiful restaurant but in my opinion and hubbies not quite as good as cazablaza. Might be better to go weekend as very quiet during the week. But definitely worth going.

Edited: 02 September 2011, 18:25
Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: help with restaurant?

<Stoofer- rude, self opiniated and tight - bet the locals love you (not) !>

What????

Stoofer can & will stand up for himself but what are you talking about??

Please read his post? He was actually standing up for the locals!!

norfolk
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: help with restaurant?

need to get some soft furnishings for the house,find nerja a bit limited,although would welcome any suggestions.thinking about going to el ingenio @ torre del mar.bus to torre easy but how do we get out to el ingenio?bu/tram/taxi?might make a day of it so any suggestions for bars/restaurants in torre also welcome.

similarly for velez malaga,is it worth a visit?