We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Nerja/ near Hotel Riu Monica

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
311 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Nerja/ near Hotel Riu Monica

My boyfriend and I want to go on a coach tour to Gibraltar and the pick up point is the Hotel Riu Monica in Nerja. We are staying in a villa and have a hire car (though he does not want to drive to Gibraltar) so we will have to drive to the hotel pickup point for the coach tour. Before I book the tour I want to know if there is somewhere we can leave the car all day (7am-7pm) that is either free or not too expensive? Would the hotel allow us to leave our car in their car park? Or is there a public car park near by?

Please don't say in response that if we have a hire car we should just drive to Gibraltar as my boyfriend says he won't do that (and I can't drive)

thanks

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Parking in Nerja/ near Hotel Riu Monica

It is much better to drive to Gibraltar.

First of all, you will avoid the parking problem in Nerja (which can be troublesome if you're looking for free parking, although as said this depends on the time of the year).

Second, you can stop along the way to/from Gibraltar. There are many places to enjoy on the way (for instance Malaga city) which in fact are far more interesting than Gibraltar itself, but that's a different story.

Maybe your boyfriend can have a second thought on this issue.

Enjoy!

Edited: 31 August 2011, 14:16
12. Re: Parking in Nerja/ near Hotel Riu Monica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 21:19