We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Request for Advice on Activities and area please

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Request for Advice on Activities and area please

My Partner and I will be staying in Nerja from 15/09 to 22/09, after visiting Granada for two nights. We will not have a car.

We spent a week in Nerja two years ago and really enjoyed it, sampling many bars/tapas and restaurants in the old town and around the apartment. We visited the caves, and went up to Frigiliana for a few hours one afternoon.

1) We are staying in south-west corner near Perla Marina (last time we were above Smuggler's Inn) is there anything you can advise or recommend in this area?

2) It looks as though the Nerja football team will not be at home during my stay - can somone confirm this?

3) The Donkey Sanctuary and a return to Frigiliana is on the shortlist, although should I consider a day trip to Almuñecar or Salobreña (not sure if possible)?

4) I'll do some more research on bars/tapas etc, and obviously try some random places, but is it worth going over to Burriana for an evening/night? Is it easy to get a taxi back and roughly what cost? (I've walked it afternoon but not sure after a few drinks and later on)

Regards

Edited: 06 September 2011, 22:34
Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
591 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

Nerja are away to Arenas on September 18th so you are correct.

Almuñecar is certainly worth a visit, a short and painless bus journey. You have the San Miguel castle, the Lori Sexi Ornthological Park and the relatively new Aquarium as well as a good market.

At the Perla Marina end you are quite close to the Boatyard Bar on El Playazo beach for a bit of live music.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,618 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

I'd certainly take the bus to Malaga city for a long day out, great city to visit.

I'm not a fan of Burriana at night as too many great places in the town but I like it by day, I 'd suggest a taxi to Burriana for early lunch at Ayos then walk gradually back 'home' stopping off at various points in town to break the journey. You could fdill a nice day doing this IMO

Stoofer

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

Thank you both for your helpful information. I plan to include this in my holiday.

eccles
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

If you are at the Perla Marina end of town please make sure you eat at Maria Bonita. Do it earlier in your stay rather than later as you will almost certainly want to repeat the experience, It is situated toward the bottom of the flight of gentle steps to the side of the Plaza Congrejos, (likely to be incorrect spelling) ). Doesn't look like much, but wait till your plate arrives!.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

Hi how far is Almunecar please and any idea of what bus to get or bus times from Nerja

Thanks

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

Jool_10 - buses suitable for a day excursion leave Nerja for Almuñecar at:-

Journey time is 30-45 minutes and return fare just €4.65 per person.

Suitable buses returning to Nerja leave Almuñecar at:-

Buses leave from the main stop on Avenida Pescia in Nerja.

There is a good market at Almuñecar every Friday.

Edited: 12 September 2011, 13:45
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

Oops!

Sorry - that first bus back from Nerja should read 11.45 not 14.45!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

many thanks

will def visit

Frigiliana
Level Contributor
4 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

I run guided walks from nearby Frigiliana. You are welcome to join me for a guided walk of Frigiliana or the hills nearby.

Norwich, United...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Request for Advice on Activities and area please

we've been on three walks with john and would highly recommend them.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations