We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaga airport

norfolk
Level Contributor
437 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
malaga airport

travelled back to the uk yesterday.seems to be a new system @ the airport.only announced the gate 15 mins before the boarding time.before could @ least go to either B or C & then wait for gate.under this system had to wait before passport control.then huge queues to get through passport control and rush to gate.by the time we got to the gate it was open & we went straight through,ahead of some of the priority boarders who weren't quite as quick.some of them then pushed through the queue @ the bottom of the stairs,some of them i guess just stayed frustrated in the queue.all in all chaos & frustration & guess all in the name of progress.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: malaga airport

Thanks for the info Pavo, will do online check in next time.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,275 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: malaga airport

I used it last month, it work's well. Just don't tell everyone !!

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,672 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: malaga airport

Monarch are nearly as bad as Ryanair. Free online check in- but if you do you have to buy pre allocated seating or check in at the airport even when NO luggage, not even hand luggage.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,460 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: malaga airport

We came back today via Easyjet. Followed previous advice on the forum to go straight to the gate from check in. There is an express duty free Aldeasa shop by the gate so didn't bother to look in the main one as I'd only have spent money that I didn't need to!

Check in was 3.30pm, we were told that it would be area C departures and went straight through - and yes it is a long walk through from terminal 2 to terminal 3 and then back along to the passport control. There was no queue there and we went through to Area C and waited for the gate to be announced on the boards. It counted down from 1hr down to 1min and we waited in between Gates 31 & 36 and then when Gate 31 came up we went straight there - no problems and we had had time to have a drink and something to eat and a loo break. Very impressed with the new terminal and also must say had no trouble taking back our car to the Avis desk and finding our way to T2 was very easy.

Dartmouth, United...
Level Contributor
626 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: malaga airport

We have booked at long weekend at the end of October. We are checking in on line and only have hand luggage, so no cases to check in. Guess we will have to find the flybe desks, wait for someone to check in and then ask them

which gate they have been told to head to.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,460 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: malaga airport

Easyjet had an on line booking desk open for people to bag drop which was odd because I thought you could only do it if you had hand luggage but the people dropping bags off were certainly dropping off more than hand luggage!

morecambe England
Level Contributor
124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: malaga airport

Obvious I know,but you don't drop off hand luggage.But it does seem in redesigned Spanish airports that you have a very long walk!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
885 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: malaga airport

Hi CJ, you can bag drop hold luggage if you have done online check in, it's not just for carry on, that's why I was asking where the Monarch one was. I always use the desks in Manchester, but then again they are clearly signposted, not so in Malaga. I agree wth Pavo, I think they take a peverse delight in watching us form an orderly, long queue, lol.

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: malaga airport

we have used online checkin for our easyjet flights for the last couple of years.Mainly as the malaga checkin process was so long. You have a bag drop desk but shouldnt be fooled into thinking this is very fast..it is just a tad faster than the other desks. You have to look at the information signs which tell you which check in desks are allocated to your flight in the check in hall. As well as the desks, it will tell you which area your gate will be in...A, B or C. This year we hadn't really paid any attention to that and the guy that took our bags at the drop off(really checkin) didnt say a word. After waiting for the countdown on the screens to tell us which gate we'd leave from we realised that we were in C and needed to go to B. We managed to get there in plenty of time but will pay closer attention to this next time and save the anxiety.

Edited: 25 September 2011, 16:03
Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: malaga airport

Hi Allie-red, they don't make it easy do they?? :-(

Get answers to your questions about Nerja