We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaga airport

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
norfolk
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
malaga airport

travelled back to the uk yesterday.seems to be a new system @ the airport.only announced the gate 15 mins before the boarding time.before could @ least go to either B or C & then wait for gate.under this system had to wait before passport control.then huge queues to get through passport control and rush to gate.by the time we got to the gate it was open & we went straight through,ahead of some of the priority boarders who weren't quite as quick.some of them then pushed through the queue @ the bottom of the stairs,some of them i guess just stayed frustrated in the queue.all in all chaos & frustration & guess all in the name of progress.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
14,888 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: malaga airport

You can normally use delayed vouchers etc on the flight itself. Was this option not given?

We were told Zone C for monarch last night and the screens were showing the Zone, the gate number was showing from 45 mins before dep for all flights. Perhaps common sense has prevailed.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,496 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: malaga airport

Let's hope so! Last Thursday no zones, let alone gate numbers, were showing until 30 mins before scheduled departure time. An utter shambles - everyone hanging around the entrance to Zone C (NOT shopping!), and then a scramble along to Zone B when it finally came up - cue lots of flapping and totally unnecessary hassle. If it was like that on a quiet midweek morning in October, I shudder to think what it would be like on a summer weekend.

All that system is going to do is encourage people not to go through Seguridad until 35 mins before departure time.

norfolk
Level Contributor
421 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: malaga airport

voucher just specified various airport providers,no mention of flight & didn't see anyone using them on the flight.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
874 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: malaga airport

When I was returning home last month, they actually posted the gate 45mins prior to departure. I checked my flight was going to be on time earlier in the day on Flightstats which gave the gate number, although I did wait around at the airport to check! Not sure if this information is avaliable for all departures, and of course it wouldn't be much use if Malaga decided to change the gate.

Edited: 15 October 2011, 11:12
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: malaga airport

Flew back into Malaga yesterday after a week on the Costa Brava.

Compared to Barcelona Airport it was a joy to fly in and out of Malaga.

Gate number at Malaga came up exactly 45 minutes before departure - plenty of time to get there - and boarding was conducted in a sensible way. Barcelona gate number came up as the final call was being made (?!?!?)and boarding was shambolic. Food prices and quality not brilliant at either airport but a €5 baguette at Malaga cost over €9 at Barcelona.

36. Re: malaga airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 00:16