We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Visit

Cheshire
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Topic
November Visit

Hi All

We will be in Nerja from 4th to 14th November (important birthday and couldn't be anywhere else) and we are planning to take just one checked in case between the two of us. I know to pack a variety of clothes for nice days and cool evenings but is it really worth packing beach towels and sunbathing paraphernalia because they are so bulky and heavy? Also I have only just found out this year for certain that my dad was in the Merchant Navy during the Second World War and now that these brave men are officially recognised, I feel that it is important to take part in a Remembrance Day Service in his memory. Does anybody know if there is a parade or service in Nerja around 11th November?

Kind regards

Kate

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
15,439 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November Visit

Not specific to Nerja, but most large supermarkets and beachfront shops will have sun creams etc. And you can easily pick up a cheap beach towel around 5 or 6€ rather than pay for extra luggage etc.

There are a number of Royal British Legion branches along the CDS and i am sure you will find one close to Nerja.

The Nerja "experts" should be along soon with better details. Try googling "Sur in English" local free paper as i have seen RBL items/contact details in there towards the back of the paper.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November Visit

Hi have found a contact number for the Nerja branch of the RBL, infortunately no details of remembrance services: More information on the Nerja branch contact Nick on 95 252 2630, hopefully this chap will be able to help you.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
884 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November Visit

Incidentally, if it helps, I got the information from the Soltalk magazine online. Before you go to Nerja, check the November issue and go to the information page as there will probably be some more info then.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: November Visit

Hi

Thank you so much for the information. I didn't realise that RBL was active in Spain! I have RBL contacts in Crewe so will enquire with them. Thanks for the local contact details, if I need to I shall give them a ring on arrival. Will certainly check out the Soltalk Mag anyway, it's such a good publication. I definitely think I shall give the beach towels a miss this time, not sure what the weather will do as we've only been in May, June and September before now and it sounds like it's probably going to be cheaper buying there if we need to. Thanks again and look forward to being in Nerja very soon.

Kind regards

Kate

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November Visit

The local Anglicans hold a Rememberance service on or around 11 November.They hold services in the Catholic Church of San Miguel.You wıll get more informatıon from their Church Shop in Calle Malaga (near Lindas Bar).

Cheshire
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: November Visit

That's fantastic, thanks for that info. We will actually be staying at Acapulco Playa in Calle Malaga which is just across the road from the Church Shop so will definitely enquire there.

7. Re: November Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations