We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

carnival 2012

Frigiliana, Spain
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
199 reviews
Save Topic
carnival 2012

does anyone know when the exact dates for this will be announced. also are shops etc open as normal around this time

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: carnival 2012

Carnival is 6 weeks before Palm Sunday, which is a week before Easter (Easter Sun 8/4 next year) so I work it out as the weekend Feb 18/19th

Frigiliana, Spain
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: carnival 2012

thanks

Nerja
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: carnival 2012

The dates and the poster for the Nerja Carnival this year have just been announced.

Its on from February 17th to 19th:

http://mynerja.com/about/nerja-news/

I can't believe its a year since the last one :0)

Edited: 27 January 2012, 10:57
lancashire
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: carnival 2012

Sandy, I think you need to ease of the self promotion a bit :) Its getting a bit obvious??

Please read the forum guidelines.

Level Contributor
61 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: carnival 2012

we will be there for sure, will there be a time schedule of events posted somewhere so we don't miss the fun and festivities?

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
213 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: carnival 2012

Hi all,

my wife and I will be in Nerja for a week comm 14th feb and would love to take in the carnival, could anyone advise us on the best day/eve to attend? what times things hot up and where? I know peoples opinions differ but any ideas would be most welcome.

thanks in antisipation

regards

Steve.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: carnival 2012

Here is the direct link to the page with the Carnival info, save trying to find it :)

mynerja.com/view/whats-on/nerja-carnival/

CB

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: carnival 2012

Well i wasn't going to comment on the similarities with Mardi Gras lol but now you mention it. Whatever possessed them to come up with that theme, or is it just a free for all???

Doesn't look very authentic Spanish to me :(

CB

Edited: 08 February 2012, 13:07
Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: carnival 2012

The main procession starts at 17.00 Sat Feb 18th from Calle Jaen.

The burial of the chanquete procession starts at 16.30 Sun Feb 19th from Plaza de Espana.

It's always great fun; hope you enjoy it!

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: carnival 2012

Just in case you want a bit more info on the full event schedule, then it is as follows:

On Thursday Feb 16th @ 22:00 in the Cultural Centre, calle Granada, is the opening speech or ‘pregón’ by Celestino Haro.

This will be followed by the Festival de Agrupaciones. *FREE ENTRY*

Then on Friday Feb 17th: @ 18:30 in the Plaza de España there is the children’s Costume Competition followed by the choosing of the various Carnival Nymphs and Momos!!

Then on Saturday Feb 18th: As HW says, this is the main procession day and it starts from Calle Jaén at 17:00.

And finally.....

On Sunday Feb 19th: After the preparations in Plaza de España from 16:30, there is the Burial of the Chanquete procession.

This will head off for the annual interment.

Also for info, the Nerja Municipal Band will accompany the procession along with the usual wailing widows - (get your ear plugs at the ready) ;-)

Something there for everyone i think!! Let's hope the weather stays good!!

CB

Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations