We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in Nerja!

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in Nerja!

Hello

I will be visiting Nerja for 2.5 wks this christmas with my family, we will arrive on the 24th and stay until the 7th of Jan. I would like some recomendations on what is going on there for the holidays ! esp New Year. I would also like some recomendations for Tapas Bars, etc. We have been to Nerja once before and it was during the summer. I would also like to know if most of the bars and resturants are open during the winter season. Finally a recomendation for some flamenco music !! Can't wait.

Regards

Anne

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
582 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

New Year's Eve is one of the biggest fiestas. Get to the Balcon de Europa about 23:30 ready for the grapes and champagne at midnight, firework display music and dancing til dawn.

You need 12 grapes, one to be eaten with each chime of midnight..

Jan 5th will be the Three Kings procession through town and the Jan 6th is Three Kings Day when most shops etc will be closed.

A lot of bars and restaurants will be open although quite a few are taking a winter break.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

As Bemusednewt says head to the Balcon. Great atmosphere & all night party :-)

Far too many great tapas bars to mention! Have a trawl through recent posts here & look on various websites (nerja today to name one) for tapas trails.

The Kings procession (for Spanish Christmas) on the eve of the 5th is great fun, don't miss it. Also a trip to Malaga to see their Xmas lights would be well worth it.

Bolton
Level Contributor
57 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

THANKS FOR THE INFO

.I too will be in Nerja,staying at Maro for Xmas and New Year and wanted to know what might be happening.So thanks.

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

Thanks very much for your reply, I am excited about our visit this time and we will be looking forward to our trip, do you know of any late night places for a bit of fun and dancing etc, to go afterwards, as it is new years, or do the spanish head home after the ringing in of the new year, any other recomendations would most be appreciated, to get the low down from the destination experts is all ways the best advice, as they have direct experience of the area.

Anne

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

Most Spanish won't go out until late, probably after dinner. However, once out they will be out until about 9am when they go for chocolate and churos for breakfast - or until they drop!

The partying goes on all night. Not sure exactly what you are looking for but the last places to close will probably be in Plaza Tutti Frutti.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

If the celebrations go as usual on the Balcon then there will be dancing there 'till the wee small hours.

Ireland
Level Contributor
42 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

Thanks for all the reply's to the questions, we can't wait to go! looks like that it will be a great place to be in for the holidays.

Anne

8. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 December 2012, 13:35
Edited: 18 December 2012, 13:35
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

Hello Patrick

Your post is liable to be removed as it is against the guidelines to solicit / advertise.

I would suggest reading the community guidelines before posting on the forums. They are located here;

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/what_are_the_guidelin…

CB

Trondheim, Norway
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Christmas in Nerja!

I understand , I was not aware of the rule. I have now read the attachment ,thank you.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja