We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

looking to book 1st week in sep for 11nights looking at the villa flamenca hotel looked at prices with thompsons for h/b 1,150 for two is that good ? or should we wait prices might come down , or does this hotel get booked fast ? have looked at booking flights then hotels but not much in the price than package deal any help please as we have never been to nerja befor.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

If you knock £75 each off for the flights that's only £500 each - doesn't seem bad to me for 11 nights half-board, especially as presumably Thomsons include the transfer to Nerja which can be expensive otherwise.

As Fred Pontin always used to say: 'book early for the best price!'.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

try a self deal

book your flights and phone hotel for price

remember some one has to make a profit

and it is better in your pocket

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

Normally I would advise booking independently but as you have done a comparison and there's not much in it I would opt for Thomson, as NSG points out that price also includes transfers, which, if you were to use taxis both ways racks up your costs.

Last September the V/Flamenca was booked solid all month; friends of mine who have been regulars for over ten years had to find alternative accomodation as they left it last minute.

Edited: 04 February 2012, 21:17
Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,779 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

If you like the offer suggest taking it. If you book independently not covered by ABTA guarantee if things go wrong, you would have to insure against this risk.

Doubt whether the deal is going to get any better. Book and start planning your visit.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

thanks all think will book this week

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

If you need anymore info, be sure to post.

Also, if you are thinking of taking any excursions you would be better to use the local buses rather than going with Thomson as it will work out much cheaper and you can go at your own pace and not be rushed about by the rep.

Have a good holiday.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

thanks for the help just booked the holiday, price was better than befor and didnt want to miss out on that hotel incase it got full. . the mountain river walk looks good on u tube is that not to far from where we are staying, aslo some good bars at night time needed and some good tapas bars we would like to try as we have not been to spain befor. any small quaint villages near us to visit and help i can have so i can note down and do some reseach on nerja . karen

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

oh just thought what weather can we expect to have first 2 weeks of sep what temp are the norm day /night .

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

Hi mort

Hot basically. Rain is almost unheard of - daytime could be 30 degrees and at night around 22!!

Check here for further info (scroll down to the bottom where you see history)

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187435-i317-k26…

CB

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: book early or wait for a good deal sep ?

AS CB said mostly hot hot in September, last years excelled itself with temps in the 30's every day I was there and very warm at night too.

Frigliana is a lovely village to visit on the local bus which is about 1 euro. Also, have a day in Malaga itself, most people think Malaga consists of the airport only, but is a fabulous place to visit. It has everything from beaches to wonderful shopping great bars and lots more too.

I haven't done the river walk, I'm sure someone who has will be along to give you the low down.

Tapas bars aplenty in Nerja old town which is where your hotel is situated and only a 15 min walk down to the Balcon which is the centre of town.

Google Soltalk magazine, quite a lot of information in there along with a map so you can have a look where you are staying and get some idea of streets etc.

Mentioned in this post
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain