We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beaches/hills

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
leics
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
beaches/hills

Hi all

finally settled on going to nerja, staying at the Chaparil after reading good reviews, my question is, which beach will have the easiest access ,ie level ground, as i have dodgy knees.

many thanks

Nerja Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beaches/hills

Hi ttdoherty, by far the nearest beach too you will be Torrecilla, about a 5 min walk away, level all the way with easy access.

Edited: 18 March 2012, 11:29
Somerset,England
Level Contributor
966 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: beaches/hills

Agree Torrecilla is one of our favourites and there is some drop down from the paseo but only really a few steps. Relatively good sand and good swimming usually plus a number of beach restaurants / kiosks

morecambe England
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beaches/hills

If you walk down the rt. hand side of the Monica there are steps down to the beach,but I manage them with my old knees so you shoould be ok..Or to avoid the steps when you reach them go to the right past a block of flats then left thru the car park and you will have the choice of two beaches accessed by slopes not steps! Enjot your holiday.

Nerja, Andalucia...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: beaches/hills

Have a look on google maps at Calle de Hernan Cortes (to the left hand side of the Riu Monica hotel) - this gives you totally step free access to Torrecilla beach and is suitable for anyone with walking difficulties or pushchairs etc.

leics
Level Contributor
76 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: beaches/hills

Thanks again to all of you for the info,roll on summer.

6. Re: beaches/hills

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2013, 09:22