We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I ask a destination expert a question?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
How do I ask a destination expert a question?

Hi

We are thinking of visiting in Aug. We are hoping to book flights and accom separately. It will be the first time we have done this. We'll have 2 young children with us (7 and 3). As far as possible we want to do it on a budget! Is there anything we should be looking for (location etc)? Which sites are best to look at for apartments to rent or do you know of any that are nice? Can we get to other resorts easily for day trips eg. local bus? Are there any boat trips that go from Nerja?

Thanks

Julie

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

Hi Julie, you only need to post a question for a response from a DE or any of the other members on here.

I'm not DE for Nerja (I'm sure one or more of them will be along soon)) but you can have a look at the Holiday lettings website (part of TA) or Owners Direct, for apartments but there are lots of websites out there.

Nerja is quite away from the airport, so you will need to look at getting transfers from the airport (lots on here use Travel Republic), hiring a car or getting the bus or train from the airport to Malaga and then getting the bus to Nerja.

As far as I'm aware there are no boat trips from Nerja but again the DEs may know of somewhere close by.

Please make a trip to the Donkey Sanctuary while you are there, it is really a great place and take some carrotts to feed the donkeys and other animals. Its free to get in - http://www.nerjadonkeysanctuary.com/.

Edited: 24 April 2012, 14:20
Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

hi there

you just need to post on here and hopefully your questions will be answered.

a lot of questions can be answered by looking in the top questions section on the top right or use the search facility at the top of the thread.

i always book seperate, i take it you have flights booked as they will be expensive by now if not. martin lewis flight checker is a good comparison site.

for accommodation it depends where you want to be, as ceejay says

holidaylettings

owners dirct

holiday rentals these are the 3 i use

use soltalk map for an idea wher places are

www.soltalk.com/Elements/NerjaMap/Map.htm

the local bus service is very good and cheap.

frigiliana , malaga all easily reached

a couple of waterparks near by.

be aware of transfer cost from airport i nearly always use bus , but with 2 young one not so easy taxi about 70e each way transfers cheaper

not any boat trips from nerja you need to go Caleta de Velez 15-20 minutes drive back towards Malaga.

lots of good cheap eating places, just search on here.

i like little italy for good cheap pasta/pizza, try and get the kids to try a few tapas about 1.5 e with drink.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

" not any boat trips from nerja you need to go Caleta de Velez 15-20 minutes drive back towards Malaga."

The only trips from Caleta are pre-booked sailing trips - not tourist HOHO excursions.

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

Same at Marinas del Este Campolady.

I don't think that the trips that are available locally would suit the young children Julie. The Marinas del Este boats are full-on ocean going yachts!

I have seen boats that could be suitable, but these were offering Dolphin spotting from Gibraltar. Unless you are well west of Malaga the journey-time with the young children is probably prohibitive.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

Thanks for all the info.

Solon, Ohio
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

My husband and I will be spending one night and a day in Guam in June of 2013. Any suggestions about inexpensive housing, hostels. Also what is the best use of our time as a tourist for 1 day. We arrive in the evening on a wednesday and leave the next evening at 7:00pm

thank you

eccles
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

Did you say Guam?!!

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

Pamela - this is a forum for Southern Spain - many, many thousands of miles from Guam - so you need to re`post on a Guam forum.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
451 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

... easy to confuse Micronesia with the Mediterranean if you're from Ohio ;-)

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,708 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I ask a destination expert a question?

Could she have meant Guaro? Predictive text is might not know the difference!