We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

Dublin
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

First time in Nerja this June and our visit coincides with the Euro 2012 championships.

We're not larger louts by any means but we wold like to see the games, preferably in a decent bar?

We especially want to see the Irish games but also alll the other teams in their group and also England.

Any suggestions??

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

olas over land and sea have great coverage of football often multi screen shownig. they are on burriana beach

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

I love La Ferreteria, just opposite Verde Mar. Carlos the owner is brilliant and shows all footy games. The bar is Spanish but seems to have ties with Ireland (irish flag hang up ). You will be thanking me once you have been in La Ferreteria...

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
119 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

My favourite place is El Pulguilla, a Spanish tapas bar restauraunt centrally located C/ del Almirante Ferrándiz , near the Post Office. It is packed with Spaniards who bring tremendous colour and passion to the atmosphere, the nearest thing to a "live " game you will encounter in Nerja, and we, Ireland, are playing Spain, it will be magic!

Might look intimidating from the outside but staff are so friendly and the tapas are superb.

Go early and get your seating in the bar.

Might even see you there. Enjoy

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

To get the most out of the footy (and see different places) the best thing is to go to a venue where there will be a lot of supporters of at least one of the participants (obviously this won't be difficult in the case of England, Ireland and Spain in Nerja) - that way you get the full-on atmosphere.

Numero Seis should be good for Ireland matches, although presumably Cochrane's will be busy too (Irish-themed but not Irish-owned).

El Pulguilla is a great place (although I suspect it'll be rammed) to watch Spain. If it's a hot afternoon then Merendero Sol y Mar on Burriana beach would be good too.

Try DB's (also on Ferrandiz/Cristo/Post Office Street) for England matches - if you've got kids with you they may be amused at the origin of the name:

http://mynerja.com/view/bars/dbs-bar-nerja/

The aforementioned OLAS would be good for afternoon matches as it's by the beach:

http://olassportsbar.com/

Not sure about Dutch bars in Nerja, although it's always worth seeking one out when they're playing - easy to do as it'll be ablaze with orange.

For the full-on German experience a little trip along to Torrox would be good.

I love watching the international competitions in Spain, lots of atmosphere and never any trouble.

Dublin
Level Contributor
136 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

Spoiled for choice spring to mind - happy days!

I think I'll alter the dates of this trip to take in the entire qualifying rounds!

We were in Majorca for Euro 2004 - such a pity Ireland weren't in it. Still we enjoyed the England games, especially France v England lol

We originally intended to spend a week in Nerja, 6-13th but Ireland play Spain on the 14ht so we might stay for that.

thank you all!

Havana, Cuba
Level Contributor
5,355 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

Mayp (or others), do you know if El Pulguilla has screens up out on the terrace or only inside at the bar?

bury
Level Contributor
44 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

El Pulguilla only has screens inside - but perhaps they will put one outside for the Euros. La Piqueta on Calle Pintada has an outside screen.

During the World Cup the bars in Tutti Frutti opened for the games (not sure about the Euros though) and they all had outside TVs. If Spain get to the semis or final I am sure the square will be packed and screens will be visible from anywhere.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

It's a shame they don't have them out today for people to see Man City win the Premiership and CF Málaga get into the Champions' League!

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
892 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

NoSoy, how very dare you: Actually, though it pains me say, you are probably correct :-(

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
892 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best place in Nerja to watch Euro 2012

La Chispa had a large outside screen for the World Cup, so I imagine they will have it for the Euro's?