We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alsa bus tickets...

Ontario
Level Contributor
95 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
alsa bus tickets...

Is it advisable to purchase bus tickets from Nerja online or the day of?

we will be staying in Nerja and would like to go to Alhambra. At the end of our stay in Nerja, we will be heading to Malaga. So we will need to purchase tickets on two different occasions.

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alsa bus tickets...

No need to pre-book on line.

For Malaga just turn up and buy your ticket from the ALSA kiosk prior to boarding.

For Granada you can either just book on the day or buy your ticket from teh ALSA kiosk the day before you want to travel. The bus station in Granada is out of teh city centre so it is best to take a cab or another bus up to teh Alhambra.

Hastings, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alsa bus tickets...

I book the day before if I want to go on the early bus,say to catch a flight.and as Campolady says for Granada just to be sure.Otherwise-on the day.Many reople have reported problems with on-line tickets,so have never tried.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alsa bus tickets...

I make regular trips to Malaga from Torrox Costa and have never pre-booked. The bus comes from Nerja and is never full.

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: alsa bus tickets...

I am also a frequent Alsa customer Pavo, and going from Nerja to Malaga there is never a problem getting on the coach as a rule. The same is usually the case, as you say, in Torrox, although in August there were a few disappointed would be travellers wishing to embark at Torre del Mar.

Once all of the seats are taken that is it. There is no standing allowed, so if you are heading to the airport during peak times I would suggest that it is advisable to allow some leeway on timings.

Two other instances that I have experienced in the last six months have been mechanical breakdowns. Before the financial difficulties it was very rare to see an Alsa Graells or an Alsa coach stranded on the hard shoulder. However, in addition to my two personal experiences, I have also seen another two breakdowns since March of this year.

One should never assume, but I do wonder if the maintenance programme of the vehicles has been another victim of the financial cut-backs?

Obviously the vehicles are legal as far as Spanish motoring laws are concerned, I hope, but low radiator water and low engine oil levels (my two experiences) caused a few uncomfortable moments with regards to onward travel connections, and a few lingering questions in my mind.

Has anyone else experienced a similar scenario with Alsa (as was Alsa Graells) recently?

Nerja
Destination Expert
for Nerja
Level Contributor
574 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: alsa bus tickets...

My Alsa bus from Nerja to Malaga on Thursday morning broke down near El Palo and we had to be rescued. Only took maybe ten minutes or so before the rescue bus arrived.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: alsa bus tickets...

I wonder what happens if the bus is full (at Torre d mar) & people want to get on with pre booked tickets? Do they turf people off? ;)

Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: alsa bus tickets...

On the couple of occasions we were waiting for the Malaga bus at TDM this Summer extra buses were put on when the Nerja bus came in full (started at TDM).

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: alsa bus tickets...

Sorry, in my post # 4 I meant Alsina Graells, which was the forerunner of the present day coach company, Alsa.

9. Re: alsa bus tickets...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2013, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations