We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
384 reviews
Save Topic
Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

we have just returned from a lovely week in Nerja (trip report to come) but the buskers really grated on us. There is a group of young men that go around every bar every night singing the same song or couple of songs for less than 2 minutes and then going round with the guitar or hat for money. Then they rush next door and sometimes sing the exact same song. We wanted to scream at them by the end of the week - can't the restaurant/bar owners bar them? I normally love buskers and there were a couple of good ones that we came across but this gang seemed to busk with menace.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

Hi jean-s, the ones that you mention are a real pain in the neck!! However did you hear the great (individual) guitar players? There are about 3 of them & they sit & play for quite a while. One is especially good and sings too - fab voice!

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

Yes we were lucky enough to find one when we dined at Vicentes. He was lovely. Unfortunately, we caught him just as he was finishing.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

Was that on Sunday evening?

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

No I don't think so, Maybe Friday.

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

Ah ok - just wondered if you happened to be sitting next to us ;)

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

I have to agree, they can ruin a nice meal out. Personally i go out to dinner to relax, catch up on the days events etc not to be howled at by a so called musician and then be made to feel guilty for not paying for the displeasure! Things where the bar or restaurant owners have the powers to not allow it.

Glad you only saw "it" once but it sounds like you weren't there for the beach and sea so glad you had a lovely time.

We have this crazy sea fret business at the moment, very spooky.

CB

manchester
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

HI

We experienced it two or three mornings in Nerja in early September. It was a real surprise to me when I stepped out around daybreak. It swirled around the streets sometimes disappearing then reappearing with avengance. It was quite strange and our photos have a kind of Victorian look when you convert them to B & W. Anyway back to topic. We did see the trio several times too. Best by far IMO was the solo guitarist with the long blonde hair and the striped outfit. Played some nice stuff outside Langsang.

Una

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

Where are they making the most nuisance?

I agree it's very annoying at dinner and they should be stopped unless employed by the restaurant.but I don't think these buskers are often in the tapas bars and spanish places or has that changed recently?

I think around the balcon and main streets off where it's frequented by tourists sitting outside it goes with the territory. With some they have no other way of earning money so I'm not totally unsympathetic but would usually avoid due to where I eat and drink more than by design - I guess.

Stoofer

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

Hi Una, that guitarist is really good isn't he? He was outside Lang sang (& other places) again last night. I think the clarinet player is pretty good too. Luckily the accordian players have all but gone.

Malagogo, you should have said that you'd be in town - I'm sure that some of us could have got together for a nice drink.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Did anyone else find the buskers a complete pain in the neck

It was every where we went Stoofer but as my mother had hurt her knee I must admit that wasn't far. Around our apartment Acapulco Playa( Lan Sang and Vicentes), around the main plaza (the bars and hotels) , Caribeo and whatever post office street is actually called. Like I said I don't mind good buskers who play a few songs - these were like carol singers who sing one chorus of we wish you a merry christmas and then knock loudly on your door.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja