We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Topic
Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

Hi

Am I correct in thinking that what was Restarante Udo Heimer is now Mo`s Gastro Tapas ? When did that all happen? Don`t think we must have walked that street past VF on our last visit as we usually do. Sure we would have noticed a new Tapas Bar.

Una

Edited: 05 November 2012, 01:44
Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
872 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

Hi, it has been opened for about a year, apparently rather nice but not a tapas bar as such and also rather pricey.

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

I have commented previously that this establishment is pricey, and the food does not come up to expectation by a long way unfortunately. Very disappointing, and this is not just a personal view by any means.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

I have been there a few times over this summer solely for tapas, it is gourmet tapas and found them excellent.

Expensive, compared with "ordinary tapas"it is innovative and more Heston Bluemnethal than one would associate with the many many fine tapas pubs there are in Nerja.

Go in that knowledge and I think you will enjoy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

Is Udo running this new establishment or is he leasing it out?

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

Yes Udo and his son are front of house and Udo is so effusive in his welcome.

His wife Mo shares the cooking with another chef.

manchester
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

Thanks for the info everyone. More welcome anytime

Never dined at Udo Heimer ourselves. Walked past many times and admired the Menu but still not quite sure it was what were looking for.. We love traditional Tapas but we also like to try the odd "modern" Tapa. What hours do they serve ?

Una

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
117 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

I delayed in replying as I thought someone else may have been able to give you more definitive information!.

I do not think they are open at lunchtime but certainly evenings/nights, again not sure what day they close.

Cabo San Lucas...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

Mo's was the restaurant Udo Heimer. Mo is Montserrat, wife of Udo. Udo has been on-site for 40 years, made the switch this year from high end "continental" to very upscale small portions (gastro tapas) and very much in tune with the times. Montserrat has run the kitchen for a long time and is a very talented chef. Udo and his son run the front and his high spirited interplay with customers is always welcoming. We have been customers of the place in all its re-incarnations for over 30 years, so maybe we're predjudiced.

Always a bright spot on the Nerja dining scene.

9. Re: Mo`s Gastro Tapasi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations