We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Topic
Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

Hi everyone...

This is a regular question on the Nerja Forums so thought i would help out by including all the options available in one place so that other forum members can point to this and make it easier for people with queries.

BUS:

Here is the timetable from Malaga Bus Station to Nerja:

http://tinyurl.com/66srzub

As you can see, there are a couple of options depending which bus you get - there is the express service and the multi stop service.

If you click on the "show" link on the right hand side, it will show the route, stops and also maps of where the stops are - very handy.

It also shows the prices for single and return journeys.

As i say, this is from Malaga Bus Station, to get from the Airport to the Bus Station, the easiest way is by jumping on the train and getting off at Maria Zambrano.

Here is the link providing train times: benalmadena-arroyo.com/train-timetable.php

Taxi:

This option whilst convenient (many outside the Terminal building) is expensive - anywhere between €70 and €90 - i know people that have paid both prices at roughly the same time.

Shuttle/Private Transfer:

Travel Republic are very reasonable at around €20 for shuttle and €69 for private - depending on the time of year the shuttle is definately the way to go :)

travelrepublic.co.uk/airporttransfers/apcrit…

Train:

There is unfortunately no train service to Nerja.

I hope this provides some good information and will be of use to some, please feel free to add or amend any information to improve the sharing of correct information to our members.

CB

Edited: 29 January 2013, 12:50
63 replies to this topic
Ireland
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

Thank you for the information, especially regarding the Travelrepublic shuttle. I was wondering how to advise my family(for a wedding) to get to Nerja on a budget. Now, I know.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

great post cb

just to add bertie if they are coming on mass you can hire a minibus for around 100 euros

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

Good addition Jerome :) Do you have any recommendations for mini bus companies? Would be especially handy for the wedding parties etc...

Many thanks

CB

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,509 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

Yes Jerome, I checked out a bus for 35 people return an as of January 2013 it is €384 return but for people who arrive on different flights then at least then can get a shared transfer although it is showing as £29.90 return which is reasonable unless you have 2 adults and 3 kids then hiring a car for a week is probably better value even if it's only parked up doing nothing.

We are hiring a car in October 2013 for 3 days for €51(Ford Fiesta) so there are good value alternatives.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

Please make sure to everyone reading this (thanks for jogging my memory bertie2) to check TripAdivsor prior to booking a Hire Car. There are many horror stories on here of companies ripping people off etc, so make sure you do your research and book with the right company should you choose this option.

Cheaper is not necessarily the best ;-)

CB

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

jamie tours is a good start quoting 95 euros for a minibus they seat about 16 i think

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
10,810 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

CB: There was a direct bus last summer from the airport direct to nerja, think it ran at 11am.

May be useful for people travelling in Summer ( I used bus last May) to check the Alsa site. Not listed at the moment.

But like the 128, now you see it, now you dont.

Keep up the good work

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

some of the nerja taxis companies now feeling the pinch i think

quotes as low as 60 euro for taxis transfer so great deal if 4 of you

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

Thankyou for that Ian, i had presumed (as nobody had mentioned anything) that it had been discontinued - maybe alongside the M128 lol... but hopefully it will recommence later in the year.

Thanks again - useful info there.

CB

Hornsea, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja

Many thanks for the info.

Have been lurking on this board for sometime & from info gleaned thus far, it was my original intention to travel from Malaga airport to Nerja using the train to Malaga, then bus to Nerja, but reference to the Travel Republic shuttle has made me reconsider. At £60 for two return, its worth thinking about but, does anybody have experience of using the shuttle from Malaga to Nerja? Does it mean hanging around at the airport waiting for subsequent flight arrivals for the coach to fill? As Nerja is likely to be the "end of the line" & the shuttle drops off at all intermediate resorts (& on return), how long can the journey take? Travel Republic themselves are unable to answer any of these questions, unhelpfully saying they are not informed by the bus contractor (but I would have thought they could give some sort of reassurance).

BTW, can anybody explain why, on Sunday 24th February, there are 24 scheduled buses from Malaga to Nerja, yet on the following Sunday, 3rd March there are only 3 scheduled buses from Nerja to Malaga?

Reply to: Transfer Options From Malaga To Nerja
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted