We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaga airport to nerja

st helens
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
malaga airport to nerja

help please.Im flying into malaga at beginning of april just me and my nine yr old. we need to get to nerja i dont really want to pay so much for taxi and ive read and used some of the links on the site but i am still bit apprehensive about buses and timetables. according to one link ive tried the bus only seems to run in the evening and we will be arriving in morning.

Is it possible to just turn up and jump bus to malaga from airport then jump one to nerja?

I dont mind bit of a challenge but got to take a tired and possibly excited nine yr old into account thanks.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaga airport to nerja

It's easy to get the train into Málaga (journey time 10 mins, get off at Maria Zambrano main station) and walk across to the adjacent Bus Station - buses from there to Nerja are relatively frequent and don't need to be pre-booked.

Alternatively you could look at booking a transfer.

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: malaga airport to nerja

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g315917-i5571-k6…

CB

st helens
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: malaga airport to nerja

That sounds relatively pain free thanks.

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malaga airport to nerja

Corsakid, you don't need to pre book but you must buy your bus ticket to Nerja from the booth or machine before getting on the bus at the station.

st helens
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: malaga airport to nerja

cheers every little bit helps

thankyou

UK
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malaga airport to nerja

hi,

can you kindly advise how luch the bus costs from malaga to nerja and also how long would it take?

may you also confirm the cost of hiring a taxi?

Thanks

Little Canfield...
Level Contributor
1,071 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malaga airport to nerja

The bus from Malaga to Nerja takes between 1hr 15min and 1hr 40min depending on whether you get the direct one or not. The last time I used it (Oct2012) it was just under €4 each way.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,385 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: malaga airport to nerja

The airport bus to Malaga is €2, or the train is €1,70

Malaga to Nerja costs €4,13 and takes between 1 hr and 1hr 30mins depending on whether it is the express (Directo) service or not.

A taxi from the airport is about €70 - €80, a pre-booked one from a Nerja company around €60

9. Re: malaga airport to nerja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations