We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a "Thank you"!

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Just a "Thank you"!

I found this forum by accident really. Never having been to mainland Spain, I was browsing for a laid back, authentic Spanish sort of place. Didn't want wall-to-wall British/Irish themed bars and Full English breakfast joints lining the streets, and wanted easy access to places of interest/nice places to see, without having a car.

Following the forum regularly for a few weeks now, I decided Nerja sounded like my kinda place, having read the comments and replies to questions on here.

So I've done it! I'm off to Nerja in September. I'm sure you people will be seeing a lot of me before I go. :0)

Edited: 12 February 2013, 20:36
Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

I'm sure you won't be disappointed with your visit.

The contributors to this forum are a friendly lot, so come back with your info requests anytime.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

Cheers Pavo. Will do.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

Canary:

Be sure to make a day trip to Frigiliana.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

I am sure you will love it! I can´t wait for my May visit! The weather is still gorgeous in September too.

Looking forward to your report when you come back! :-)

ps Where are you staying??

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

Yes Benny, it's on my list. It looks very lovely.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

Sheilamary.

I will indeed give a report when I get back. Lordy, I'm wishing my life away now, looking forward to September!

I have chosen to stay at the Meterraneo Apartments. Seemd great for what I want and what I paid, considering there's only me traveling.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

I have a leaflet explaining the plaques of Frigiliana, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send one to you. It will enhance your visit.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

Canarytime, I visited Nerja with my husband and daughter for the first time last July. My husband and daughter had never been to mainland Spain before whereas I had visited with my family many times many, many years ago! The only views my husband had of the Costa Del Sol were from reality tv programmes!

We like holidays where you can sample local food and are not surrounded by British bars. When I told him we were going to Nerja, which is Costa Del Sol he was a bit worried.

He absolutely loved Nerja, I had hired a private vila on the road heading to Frigiliana which had its own pool in an orchard, it was lovely.

We visited Nerja most days/nights and loved the feel of the town, I liked to sit some nights after dinner having an ice cream on the Balcon and just watch the world go by. We as a family all agreed we would go back to the Costa Del Sol.....I have converted my husband which is great because I love Spain, the people, the food and the culture. Enjoy.

Ireland
Level Contributor
4,015 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

Thanks for that Lulu. Yep, it sounds just like my kind of place. :-)

Where you stayed sounds idylic.

When I made enquiries about mainland Spain at the travel agents, I was unsure about Costa del Sol too and the idea of a package hol. I usually book independently. However, I stumbled into this forum and was sold!

I also saved myself €150 by organising it myself. :0)

I do my traveling on my own, as hubby hates the heat (he's a red head, whereas, I'm convinced, I was born in the wrong country(!)...I llllovvvvve the sunshine and am sallow skinned. I finally managed to persuade/bully him into coming to Gran Canaria in May, two years ago. I love Puerto Mogan and knew he would too. He got prickley heat and had several migrains that week, and still managed to enjoy himself! Me? Oh I just wanted to murder him! Lol

Nerja sounds lovely. Not too much of anything really. I'm sure I will have a lovely time there, with plenty to see and do.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
139 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just a "Thank you"!

You will love it, I am sure.

I am the same as your husband....I am always the one covered in factor 50 and skulking about in the shade! The villa we had last year had a beautiful shaded terrace....I was quite happy sitting there reading the 50 shades trilogy!! Husband was baking in the sun by the pool and daughter was in the pool! Bliss, everyone happy!

Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations