We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huge thank you!

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Huge thank you!

Just got home from our holiday in Nerja, we had a wonderful time, loved the place and other half has spent several happy hours with his nose on estate agent's windows.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to all you regular contributors who made our trip so special; I've used forums for other trips, but this one is the most helpful, knowledgeable and friendly.

We picked up loads of information from the existing threads, as well as every question I asked being picked up and answered.

Special thanks to Pavoreal for the leaflet on the plaques in Frigilliana, we had a lovely afternoon following them, and found bits of the village we'd probably have missed otherwise as an extra bonus.

We didn't get round to as much walking as I'd have liked; we wandered along to the aqueduct from Maro but didn't do the walk down from Frigilliana; SOMEONE wanted to go to Gibralter and is so unfit that walking down from the cable car station to see the tunnels knocked him out for the week :-) Never mind, there's always next year.

Mentioned in this post
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,975 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huge thank you!

Good to hear you had a great holiday, its really nice when people come back and let us know how they got on.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Huge thank you!

So glad you enjoyed it! Beware,it IS an addictive place! :-)

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huge thank you!

Too late to tell me that now Sheilamary! But I think I'd already worked that out from my happy hours browsing the forum :-) :-)

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Huge thank you!

Glad it worked out Katie. Off season works for many in Nerja, I'm glad the forum helped with tips on how best to enjoy during winter.

Stoofer

Mentioned in this post
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Huge thank you!

Thanks for reporting back. So glad you enjoyed your visit.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,731 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Huge thank you!

Great that you had a lovely time (and missed the terrible weather!). People are often surprised at how exhausting Gibraltar can be...!

Mentioned in this post
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,839 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Huge thank you!

So glad you had such a good time - thanks for reporting back.

Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
934 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Huge thank you!

Thanks to you too Katie !!!

You helped me already with some advice, and I didn't even get to Nerja yet!

I have to mention that 49 people have given me advice for our summer 12 day trip to Cadiz, Ronda, & Nerja. My friends can't believe that 49 total strangers from different countries actually take the time to write out their opinions & advice. I say, that is why TA is really cool!!!!

This Costa Del Sol group of forums are the best I have been on in my years on TA.

Thanks Kate, the destination experts, & everybody else that took the time to write.

I really appreciate it.

Cheers! ------ Ken

Mentioned in this post
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Ronda
Ronda
Costa del Sol, Spain
Costa del Sol
Costa del Sol
Province of Malaga, Spain
Palm Harbor, Florida
Level Contributor
934 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Huge thank you!

P.S. Katie----- What was the name of the tapas restaurant that you really liked in Nerja?

Mentioned in this post
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
london
Level Contributor
421 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Huge thank you!

Good to hear you really enjoyed your time in Nerja Katie. I would put money on you coming back! :o)

Mentioned in this post
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain