We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

Belfast
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

Hi - just a word of warning if you have booked or intend to book a transfer nerja to malaga airport with Travel Republic or any other transfer company who use Viajes Urbis as their agent. We made a booking for our trip last week and when we rang to confirm the return pick up time for a flight departing at 1305 we were advised that our pick up time was 7.20am - I tried and tried without fail to reason with these people over the phone to arrange a more reasonable pick up as this was going to leave us in the airport for a long time - I was told that because it was a shuttle transfer there were other passengers being picked up to collect earlier flights and they refused to budge on the pick up time. It turned out that there were indeed two other couples being picked up and all of us were for flights leaving after 12.00. We arrived in the airport at 0825 and ended up wandering around like two halfwits for half the day. I'm posting this to advise you to check with the transfer company that this won't happen to you as, apart from anything else your last night is curtailed somewhat with such an early start for a reasonably civilised flight departure. Also, the customer service from Viajes Urbis stinks !!!!

75 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

Just wanted to say, have used Travel Republic's transfer service from Nerja to Malaga Airport the last two times we were there, in March and May of this year (being cheapskates, we take the train and bus on the outward journey to Nerja).

Both times they seem to use Holiday Taxis and both times its been excellent service. Flight usually 12.00-ish and we're picked up at 8.00 at the hotel opposite our rented villa. OK, slightly early but no problem - time for a decent coffee next to the Jet2 check-in. The vehicles are top of the range (last time brand new posh Audi), and drivers helpful and courteous.

Only slight wobble was when I couldn't get thru to Holiday Taxis to reconfirm, but just rang TR in the UK and they sorted it, no problem.

Am really sorry other people have had problems, but we'll do this transfer again next time we're in Nerja in Sept and hope we're as lucky this time!

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

We recently used this company to transfer to the Majorica Hotel and we were sat on the transfer bus for 3hrs for a 15min transfer. We were booked in at the arrival desk, got on the coach we were assigned to and got of 3 hrs later. Very poor company who could not organise our transfer and trying to complain is as good as impossible. Driver was not able to find hotels. Do not use this company if you have any sense.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

We recently used this company to transfer to the Majorica Hotel and we were sat on the transfer bus for 3hrs for a 15min transfer. We were booked in at the arrival desk, got on the coach we were assigned to and got of 3 hrs later. Very poor company who could not organise our transfer and trying to complain is as good as impossible. Driver was not able to find hotels. Do not use this company if you have any sense.

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

Our experience with them was terrible! We rang up to confirm and get the pick up time and place. We were told our pick up time was 13:40 at the place we were dropped off on arrival. That was fine. We got there at 13:35 and it wasn't until 14:00 that we decided to call the emergency number to find out how long they would be as it was getting late and our flight was at 17:25. The woman rang me back and said the driver waited for us for 5mins and then had to leave. I told her that was impossible as we were early and we never saw him and that if he did wait 5mins then he was obviously early, she even agreed that he was early and then proceeded to say he was too far away to come back and pick us up! I demanded that she send someone to get us because it was their mistake not ours and as it was prepaid they needed to rectify their mistake. Her response was "This is not possible, you need to get there by your own means.". I was livid!! As there were 5 of us, we had to get two taxis which cost 40 euros each in addition to what we paid for transfers!!!

I am seeking legal advice because that is outrageous!! I will get my money back if it kills me!!

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
180 posts
536 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

Sorry, should have posted this earlier. See our posting in this thread #47. We had no problem getting a full refund from Resorthoppa for Viajes Urbis' rotten lack of service on Fuerteventura, even though we were only asking for reimbursement of our half share of the taxi fares, which were less. If you've got a good case and taken details from other travellers as back up, all reputable Holiday Extras companies should do the decent thing and pay up.

West Lothian
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

I would expect a longer journey due to a route dropping off at various hotels but Viages Urbis have now taken this to a new level - they charge you a rate equivalent to a transfer service but what they provide is a shuttle bus service. Nerja has one bus stop on the edge of town and at 10pm they will happily dump you and leave you to walk the rest of your journey. I have never experienced a transfer service like it and hope that I never will again. BE WARNED - THIS IS A CON!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

If you are contemplating booking a transfer from Malaga airport to Marbella.....DON'T do it!!! We booked a 'shared transfer' expecting it to be a minibus with a couple of stops on the way. It wasn't it was a full coach and we were on the coach for 3 hours, normal time 30 mins. That was longer than we were on the plane from Manchester. Needless to say we got a taxi back to the airport. Never again!!!

Nerja, Spain
Level Contributor
35 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

Maybe we've been lucky, but having been back and forth between Nerja and the UK at least 12 times over the

past year, we've only had 2 delays in the return transfers from Malaga to Nerja, one of approx 2 hrs and one of 1 1/2 hours whilst they waited for late flights. We usually book through ResortHoppa who use Viajes Urbis and my only gripe is that they sometimes do the pick ups from Nerja a bit too early, leaving us with a wait of 3+ hrs at the airport. However, since we have never paid more than £21.00 per person, I still feel that it's reasonably efficient and good VFM.

Leicestershire...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

I too had a really bad experience with Urbis/Quick Travel but in Lanzarote...I paid extra with Travel Republic for a 'speedy shuttle'. I got to Lanzarote at 1740 (scheduled time). They claimed I was a lot earlier than expected so I'd have to wait for the others to arrive. Pushing them for more information got me nowhere. I was instructed to 'go outside to the bench on the left' which I did... only there are 2 exits both with benches on the left and it wasn't made clear which one was the correct one. After some wait in the wrong area I went to the correct one (found out by myself). Waited for about 40 minutes. Went to service desk again and was told to wait at bus stop 18. Went 1.5hrs odd later back to service desk and was told I should be at bus stop 7, ran back there and found it had gone!!! I was then put on a bus at about 2140. I was offered no taxi, no payment, no free drinks/meals/snacks and no apology. It doesn't stop there. On the way back I was due for a flight at the airport at 1155 and bear in mind it is at most 45mins to the airport, was given an 0815 transfer slot and the driver arrived at 0805! I was at the airport at least 1hr before due. This I paid a premium for! My holiday otherwise was really enjoyable and these people didn't stop me enjoying it but in future I will probably use the local bus from the airport when I arrive and the local taxi to the airport when I depart. Use urbis at your peril.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
60. Re: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers

same problem here with viajes Urbis Ibooked a return transfer from las palmas to Aguila to the Marinasol hotel On my return they told me to be at a roundabout ten minutes walk from the hotel at four twenty in the morning I am sixty eight years old how can you walk around at that time of the morning with your luggage so I had to cancel and pay thirty five euros for a taxi not a happy bunny

Reply to: Advance Warning - Viajes urbis / Travel Republic Transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted