We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building Site opposite Capistrano

Nerja
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Building Site opposite Capistrano

Just wondering if anyone knows what's happening at this spot? A huge area has been cordoned off and levelled out.

Highway 61
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Building Site opposite Capistrano

Mercadona I believe

Nerja Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
721 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Building Site opposite Capistrano

Yep the new Mercadona - shouldnt think Supersol are too impressed :(

Nerja
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Building Site opposite Capistrano

Thanks for the replies.

Hornsea, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Building Site opposite Capistrano

Ideal spot for a sewage treatment plant?

norfolk
Level Contributor
431 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building Site opposite Capistrano

yes it's mercadona. wonder if this would affect the earlier debate about nerja club vs villa flamenca as I would think it will be quite noisy when a project this size really gets under way.

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Building Site opposite Capistrano

I am filming work at the location and will post an update asap.

It is a very large site, and work is scheduled to go through until Christmas, although it 'may' get quieter as time goes on.

At the moment it is a very noisy location, and there is a lot of heavy machinery at work from 08.00. The law allows work to start at 07.00 in the summer months.

If you are planning to stay at the Nerja Club Hotel, or the Los Arcos Hotel, or the Turquesa Aparthotel complex in the next six or seven months, and you like a lie in and/or daytime tranquillity, you may well want to consider alternative accommodation.

This morning the construction of a large crane commenced. This may not be particularly good news for the surrounding area, as these machines are required by Health and Safety to give an audible signal when manoeuvring. This is usually a whistle, which, if it is, will drive us all mad for the next six months or so.

uk
Level Contributor
425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Building Site opposite Capistrano

I can confirm what Johninnerja says, it's a large building site stretching from Los Archos to Nerja Club. When we passed today it was quiet but it was siesta time. I would give these hotels a miss for the next few months if you want a quiet life.

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,247 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Building Site opposite Capistrano

I was unfortunate to have lived near a Nerja building site a few years ago. Take heed of these warnings and do not stay anywhere near.

9. Re: Building Site opposite Capistrano

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations