We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Machynlleth
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

Can anyone help? Getting married in Nerja in Sept and only need a wedding car for max 1hr but the prices ive been quoted are over 500Eurs!! Does anyone have a contact for someone that may have a nice car to hire or know someone with horse & cart? Many Thanks in advance :)

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

The trouble is that with their customary practicality Spaniards tend not to go in for wedding cars, you often see normal cars bedecked with ribbons etc. However, I'm sure one of the guys with a horse and cart at the Balcón would oblige for a lot less than €500!

You can't be going far, surely? Nerja isn't very big, at which church are you getting married? If El Salvador them most people walk or have a horse and cart for a short journey.

Machynlleth
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

Thank you im getting married 2miles out of Nerja so not far at all. I' over in June so prob best to speak to a few taxi companies ive been told about Lessagro too.x

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

If you're getting married at Maro speak to Nerja Taxis, they have a couple of 'special' cars that they probably won't charge a fortune for.

morecambe England
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

Just in case you do want to try the horse and traps, they have moved down to the Torrecilla area, near to the hotel Monica.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

Is that permanent now John? A couple of weeks ago they were lurking in Plaza España (they might as well, there's nothing else there!), although that might have been because the San Isidro Cabalgata was forming up along Plaza Cavana and the Balcón was quite busy.

morecambe England
Level Contributor
121 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

We have been in UK for a few weeks so I am not bang upto date,but they were moved after the refurb of the Balcon area. I think they were very unhappy - less buisness - so I wouldn't be surprised if they were edging their way back !

7. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2013, 11:35
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

Samantha, you mean well I guess but you are not allowed to use TA to promote your business like this.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

Samantha's post is perfectly OK - she has declared it is her business, and the response is directly relevant to the original post.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,623 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding Car Hire/Horse & Cart Hire

Nope, sorry NSG it's not. She resurrected an old post and included details of her business in the post. Unfortunately this is an obvious case of promoting regardless of whether that promotion related to the OP or not. If she had simply said PM me as I may be able to help, then that would be okay but by including contact details she broke the rules. Those rules are there to stop TA turning into an advertising free for all scrum.