We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

Belfast
Level Contributor
137 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

We have booked a private rental for 10 nights in August in Punta Lara, a family group of 8. My husband and I have always wanted to see Seville and were considering leaving the others behind and driving up on the sunday morning, staying the night and driving home the next afternoon. Ive been reading through other posts and know it'll take around 3 hours driving- we are hiring a car.

Given the distance would we be absolutely mad to drive all the way there for one night? We couldn't go for longer as we've 2 kids and they're too young for such long journey. Any thought would be appreciated from those who are more familiar with the area.

Also just while im on, ive narrowed down my car hire choices to Malaga Care Hire, Paris Autos and Leggassro. They are all working out pretty much the same and seem to be pretty quick in handing over the car on arrival, we want to avoid overly long waits again for the kids. Has anyone any experiences with any of these guys. Also do most of you travellers pay the additional insurance to waiver the excess?

Thanks in advance

Chris

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

Hi there

Firstly i can't help you with the hire car question, i never hire one :)

However, regarding Seville, sure, why not? It would obviously be better if you could spend a bit more time there, but what's 3 hours? If you leave nice and early and get there in the morning you're there for brunch then lunch then dinner then a nice walk / take in some sights etc then retire for the night then a nice leisurely drive back the next day!!

I would say go for it - only you can decide how much you want to visit the place and if it's worth it - who knows, you may fall in love with it and decide on booking a longer trip for next time :)

Spain really is huge and has so much to offer that many people are not fortunate enough to see much of it at all !!

Have a great time regardless, I am sure with 8 of you in the group you'll enjoy the "you" time ;-)

CB

Belfast
Level Contributor
137 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

Lessaggro that should say! Many thanks for your quick reply ;-)

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

I wouldn't have known the difference haha!! You're welcome :)

CB

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
3,044 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

I would do the trip to Sevilla. It is well worth the time even just to see some of the city and make plans to return. Remember to factor in car park charges, most hotels charge for the use of their car park, you will not want to use it once there. The drive should take you a little under two and three-quarter hours, I would be inclined to make a coffee stop somewhere along the route, possibly Estepa which is a little over halfway.

Saludos. Lindsay

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,368 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

Seville is a lovely city and I would say yes to a visit, however don't forget the heat. Seville is know as the frying pan of Spain in August, so factor in this thought especially trailing young children around.

Lessagro have been in Nerja for many years and always have favourable reviews and recommendations.

I travel to UK and always take out the extra insurance, just in case, I've never had to claim yet. I take out the annual European policy with Insure4Carhire.com, for €38 it works out cheaper than a lot of other companies who charge per day.

www.insurance4carhire.com/index.asp…

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
16,085 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

Please report back on Seville, just booked 2 nights in Sept, but using the train from Malaga.

Agree with Pavo, take excess cover but not from the car supplier.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
640 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

Seville is a stunningly beautiful city and I would definitely make time to go and see it. It is, as others have pointed out, incredibly hot in August - so be aware of that. Many locals don't even think about going out during the middle of the day. That said, there are areas where you can shelter from the direct sun and, if you are prepared to fry a little, it is definitely worth it!! (Evening and late night strolls are the way to go, to see various sights that you might have had to miss out, during the day.)

If I understand your post correctly, you are leaving the littlies behind? If so - an even more emphatic yes!!

Belfast
Level Contributor
137 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

Yes planning to leave our 1 yr old and 2 yr old in Nerja. Haven't asked the grandparents yet but i'm sure it'll be fine!!

Somerset,England
Level Contributor
991 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

I have not done it but have thought about it , but there is a daily bus service from Nerja to Seville which saves on the driving there and having to drive in the city and pay for parking. It leaves I think abut 7.30 am and comes back at 6pm and takes about 4 hours if my memory serves me well. Would give you a day and a half to explore if you came back following day.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nerja to Seville for one day- would we be mad?!

Of course you can do it. I drive to Seville and come back to Málaga in a day very often for work reasons.

The problem with Seville in August is the heat, as others have stated. Part of what makes Seville the great city it is is its people and the ambience in the streets, which you will miss by visiting in the middle of the summer.

Nights on the other hand are another thing, and you will have a blast.

And while we are at this, I don't know if you have ever visited Málaga city itself (many people who are regulars to CdS haven't), but it makes a great day trip from Nerja.