We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

Norwich, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

Hello all,

Its the second time I go to Nerja,I will stay at Ana Hostel from 8/07 to 15/07,I will arrive at 7/07 and I think I can only enter in the room after 13PM on 8/07 so I will pass one night in the street but was my option in order to save money in the flight from London.

I would like if you can give me any sugestions in order to pass better the night until the time to enter in my room as well any sugestions about not expensive restaurants,pubs,supermarkets,any information will be of great value for me.

Mentioned in this post
Nerja
Nerja
Costa del Sol, Spain
Ana Hostel
Ana Hostel
34 Reviews
Nerja, Spain
London
London
England, UK
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

David:

I suggest the Balcon de Europa, where they have many benches and is safe.

Bar El Pulgilla

Almirante Ferrandiz 26

Tel. 952-521-384

This is an inexpensive restaurant that specializes in fish. There is a large patio at the back of the restaurant, covered with an awning. Not elegant, but good fish.

Edited: 04 July 2013, 04:11
Mentioned in this post
Balcon de Europa
Balcon de Europa
5,500 Reviews
Nerja, Spain
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

Or you can go to the beach. I have slept more than once on the beach when I was younger, and it is quite comfortable. Tell the hostel to keep your valuables even if you can't check in, by the way.

Edited: 04 July 2013, 07:06
Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,732 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

Hi David,

The policia will move you on (at the very least) if you sleep on the Balcon.

Alpharooms have the Hotel Villa Flamenca (room only) at £19 for that night:

www.alpharooms.com

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
2,693 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

David I would take extra £19 and follow NSG's suggestion, a better start to your holiday :-)) enjoy your visit. x

UK
Level Contributor
863 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

Hi David,

I agree with the others.The Villa Flamenca is only £20.50 including breakfast which you would need anyway.It will be much better than sleeping on a bench or a beach as neither of them may safe to stay all night.

Nerja
Level Contributor
847 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

Yesterday I attended a seminar hosted by the British Consul from Málaga, with representations from the Guardia Civil and National Police, amongst others

During an informal chat beforehand this subject came up, and it was quite categorically stated that there is a formal instruction to their auxiliary force, the Local Police, to deter this practise.

For the sake of €20- 30, IMO, you are better off booking in to one of the aforementioned venues, thus possibly avoiding an interrupted night's sleep, and everything else that it might entail.

Erith, Kent
Destination Expert
for Mijas, Sitio de Calahonda
Level Contributor
12,892 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

Can't you speak to the hostel where you will be staying to see if they have anything available for the 7th? There's no way you should risk arrest or worse by sleeping on the streets.

Norwich, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

NoSoyGuiri thanks for the advice I cheked the hostal refered by you but the cheapest room they have is Double or twin standard room.. €35.99.,and I prefer to waste €40 in other things like food.

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
906 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

Hi, why don't you do as has been suggested, contact the hostal and explain your problem, I'm sure they will not want you to be sleeping on the street.

10. Re: I need to pass one night in the street,any sugestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 05 July 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations