We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of food, drink and living in Nerja.

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derrinturn...
Level Contributor
18 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of food, drink and living in Nerja.

Hi,

I recently booked a 2 week holiday in Nerja for next August. I was wondering what the average cost of a local beer is in the bars and the price of a decent dinner? My first time in Nerja and I want to make sure I bring enough cash for the two weeks.

Also would you guys recommend Nerja altogether? Any places we just shouldn't miss?

Thanks

Barry.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,090 posts
3,467 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of food, drink and living in Nerja.

Barry:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c151673/Madri…

Nerja is a beautiful town with great views of the sea and mountains. I would not miss it. Nearby is the small town of Frigiliana, which has won many prizes for its beauty. See the Nerja Caves.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of food, drink and living in Nerja.

I'm not sure what an article about eating in Madrid has to do with Nerja!

Barry, there are lots of different eating and drinking options in Nerja. It has many places that will offer you a 'free' tapa with a drink - work on approx. €1.70 for a small beer and a tapa as an average for these places. There are also a surprising number of pizzerias / Italian restaurants, many of which offer pizza / pasta dishes for under €5. Then you have the mainstream restaurants in which a menu del día will be around €10 - €12, sometimes including a drink, sometimes not.

Drinks prices vary depending on the place you're in, some of the Brit-bars have cheap pints on offer, and there are usually offers on in the late-night disco-bars and clubs in Plaza Tutti Frutti (e.g. Jagerbombs 2-for-1 etc.).

As for places to go and see, as has been mentioned already by Benny do go and see Frigiliana and the Nerja Caves. La Herradura (next town eastwards) is worth a day out, it's lovely and still small. A day-trip into Málaga City is also a must, excellent for shopping and there's masses to see and do.

Kristiansand, Norway
Level Contributor
227 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of food, drink and living in Nerja.

You do also find some nice English pubs around Barry, so you better start looking forward to your wondeful Nerja trip in August.

Edited: 13 January 2014, 18:30
4. Re: Cost of food, drink and living in Nerja.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 06:18