We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Cup 2014

Which Nerja hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
World Cup 2014

Can you let me know where i will be able to watch the footy this June ?. I will be in the Punta Lara Casablanca area. I know the games are quiet late

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Cup 2014

You will find loads of places that show football. Try bar olas on burriana or db,s in the town also bar bosque you will see lots of others they would be my favourites to watch England if you want spain games head to a Spanish bar a great atmosphere

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,381 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World Cup 2014

Don't worry about late games being affected by licensing hours!

OLAS (over Land And Sea) always has a great atmosphere for England games and they have their own football stand as well - so you can shout at the bloke in front of you!

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World Cup 2014

where is OLAS please

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
872 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World Cup 2014

It's on Burriana Beach.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: World Cup 2014

El Oasis on Punta Lara will undoubtedly have all the games on. They have been showing all EPL games for many years and will be geared up for the WC.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: World Cup 2014

http://goo.gl/maps/YzhdD

here is google maps link to olas . it is top end of the strip on burriana too far to walk from punta lara but taxis will be easy enough

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: World Cup 2014

Don't worry, since Spain will make it all the way into the final game, you'll have plenty of opportunities to watch football in Nerja.. LOL

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
98 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: World Cup 2014

yes I am only in Nerja for three weeks from the 6th June so ill definately see all the England group games. then we can all come home together. Spain Holland is 130614, recommend me a good Spanish bar

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: World Cup 2014

dont know any spanish bars with big screens but my two favourites are los billbainos and puntilla both very noisey great tapas great beer and excellent sherry in bilbainos

nerjatoday.com/barsandrestaurants/…

nerjatoday.com/barsandrestaurants/…

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: World Cup 2014

During the World Cup it seems to me that most places seemed to have acquired a TV! Much to my husband's delight. Memorable place was El Puiguilla atmosphere and noise was surreal ( still managed to get served well though) it's even better when Spain do well as the local young people come out to celebrate on the streets afterwards. All very good humoured.

Get answers to your questions about Nerja