We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga-Nerja bus

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Malaga-Nerja bus

We are travelling from Seville to Nerja (via Malaga)on Sunday 15th May. The ALSA site only lists buses from Malaga to Nerja that are direct and the first available bus is at 5:00PM. The Nerja Today website indicates other buses departing Malaga at times earlier than this. I understand that these buses take longer as they have more stops. We will be travelling with a suitcase each and my question is whether there is provision for luggage in the buses departing earlier, at 2:30PM say. Our train from Seville arrives into Malaga at 1:36PM.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
640 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga-Nerja bus

There are many more buses than shown for that Sunday (which is the 18th, not 15th!), but they are not showing on the Alsa site. If you put in a random Sunday, you will see the choices you have.

All the buses have ample space, underneath, for luggage, so there will be no problem there.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga-Nerja bus

Sorry I meant the 11th. We leave Nerja on the 15th! Is there any need to book ahead do you think? I guess you can't anyway.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga-Nerja bus

Just one other question. What site did you put in a random Sunday?

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaga-Nerja bus

On the ALSA site go into the regions section and select Andalucia. Then it will show you all the services. If you simply go via the national section you only get the long distance ones that happen to stop at Nerja along the way.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
640 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaga-Nerja bus

http://www.alsa.es/portal/site/Alsa

Just fill in departure and destination points, click on a date and see what it brings up. No need to book ahead. There is a kiosk and a machine, in the bus station, to buy tickets.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
100 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaga-Nerja bus

Thanks for your help. Don't know why but I still struggle with the ALSA site. Will take your advice and just turn up at the bus station and catch the next bus - bags and all. Very much looking forward to a few R&R days in Nerja which comes highly recommended from my daughter.

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaga-Nerja bus

If you find there isn't a bus in a reasonable time ( they are normally hourlyish to Nerja) and you want to wander around Málaga there's an excellent Left-Luggage by Platform 11.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
21,186 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaga-Nerja bus

There is a bus at 2.30 which gets to Nerja by 4pm. Would think this bus not to be very busy at all. Most folks will be tucking in to their Sunday roast at this time ! (or equivalent)

9. Re: Malaga-Nerja bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 April 2015, 05:16