We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaga Airport, New Road Layout?

Bristol
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Malaga Airport, New Road Layout?

We are holidaying in Nerha at the end of June (third holiday visit in 4 years). I am collecting my hire car from Malaga airport and I have to confess I have always had problems either getting on the right road to Nerha, or finding the correct turn off getting back to the airport at the end of the holiday to drop the car off at the airport. I think I am now ok getting to Nerja as I understand the road getting out of the airport hasn't changed. However I understand the road/motorway turnoff coming back into the airport has changed and that it is not clearly signposted from the Motorway. Has anybody got any advice about getting back to Malaga Airport from the motorway?

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaga Airport, New Road Layout?

hi there

i get a car from malagacar when i hire one. it is near the san miguel factory

i have this they sent me it might help if you scroll down halfway there is a video of someone driving the new road.

malagacar.com/blog/…

Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaga Airport, New Road Layout?

The new road is not much use when going to the airport from Nerja, it is more for drivers from west of Malaga.

Keep on the original road that passes Makro and San Miguel brewery.

Langholm, United...
Destination Expert
for Nerja, Frigiliana
Level Contributor
1,687 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaga Airport, New Road Layout?

thats what i thought pavo not hired a car for a while can not see the point of it myself as the road always seemed pretty easy to navigate and not very busy

4. Re: Malaga Airport, New Road Layout?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Nerja
Recent Conversations