We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets in Nerja

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Markets in Nerja

Hi, I've seen there are two weekly market's in Nerja, one on a Tuesday and the other on Sunday. I was just wondering what type of clothing they sell and if there is much fake clothing sold in Nerja? Thank you.

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Markets in Nerja

Hi joel

The tues market sells shorts, tshirts, shoes, pottery , fruit veg etc. Nothing spectacular in clothes but have some things of interest. Lots of looky looky men selling fake designer stuff around the town( pain in neck at times) They will try and fool you into their lacoste and raybann rubbish. The shops in Nerja sell good quality clothes some designer shops too. Nice array of shops to browse and I always find not that much dearer than the market for some things. Loads of bargins in Malaga City where all the young Spanish (and my daughter) love to shop which has all the range of stores and more! The Sunday market is more like a car boot sale so it is very different! Frigliana and torrox have markets and are only a bus ride away.

Edited: 06 May 2014, 21:02
Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Markets in Nerja

Thank you again. I can imagine it becomes a pain being hassled by the lucky lucky men. I love walking around foreign markets. Thank you.

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Markets in Nerja

There is a bus to the Tues market which stops at the bus stop very close to the Monica. 1 euro each way. When you get off just follow the crowd.

In Malaga there is an indoor (food) market called The Atarazanas Market and i think it is open Monday to Saturday from 8 am to 2 pm from recollection. . The atmosphere and smells are fab.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 08:26
Torrox, Spain
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Markets in Nerja

Also good markets at Torrox Costa on a Monday and Torre del Mar or Velez Malaga on a Thursday - we particularly enjoy the Velez market as very few tourists there and therefore local prices!

5. Re: Markets in Nerja

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 06:16